Home

CCM Ratings

This is a discussion on CCM Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
CCM Ratings

Sorry if this was posted already, I tried searching but didn't see it mentioned. Anyway, is it normal to have players ratings significantly lower in CCM? I noticed that on the roster update, or if I don't use the roster update and just use the out of the box ratngs, my starting DT, Henry Melton is rated an 80, but when I start CCM, he is a 70. Urlacher and Briggs lose a few points as well when I start CCM, and Cutler gets an extra point. Am I doing somthing wrong to cause this. I've tried it with and without the CCM update and Melton always gets dropped 10 points
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #2
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: CCM Ratings

I was freaking out about this at first, but then I realized that the ratings in CCM reflect how well the player fits in the coach's scheme
Old 08-29-2012, 02:02 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

It really is bizarre. It has Desean Jackson listed as a Route Runner but his rating is higher if I set him as a speed receiver.

I set Rodgers-Cromartie to a man-man and balanced corner but neither gave him his original rating.

And then the most ridiculous off all. I set Jason Kelce from pass blocking center to zone blocking center and his rating went from 71 to 88. I did the same for Danny Watkins and he was still only 71.

Also the highest I can get Vick is an 86...

Can someone post a guide on this stuff because it is confusing.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:29 AM   #4
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

My question is, does it even matter when actually playing the game? I can see simming, but actually playing, wouldn't the players individual ratings make them play as they should?
Old 08-29-2012, 04:56 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephenom21
It really is bizarre. It has Desean Jackson listed as a Route Runner but his rating is higher if I set him as a speed receiver.

I set Rodgers-Cromartie to a man-man and balanced corner but neither gave him his original rating.

And then the most ridiculous off all. I set Jason Kelce from pass blocking center to zone blocking center and his rating went from 71 to 88. I did the same for Danny Watkins and he was still only 71.

Also the highest I can get Vick is an 86...

Can someone post a guide on this stuff because it is confusing.
I found the following link on another forum. Start listening at 23:00. It explains schemes, player types and overall rating. Basically, it all means nothing. I thought, as everyone else did, that schemes have a bigger meaning. They don't. It used for CPU teams (and something about being used as a tool for drafting, but there wasn't much detail about this). Overall rating change affects nothing, since none of the individual ratings are changed.

Edit: I would post the link, but this site won't let me until I have submitted 5 posts since I'm a new user.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 04:57 AM   #6
Rookie

Second post.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:58 AM   #7
Rookie

Third post.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:58 AM   #8
Rookie

Fourth post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »