Home

Player progression question..

This is a discussion on Player progression question.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6
Player progression question..

I have Not reached an offseason yet in my league. I have been manually progressing my players with xp points. Will my team auto progress in the offseason on top of what I spend with their xp points. Or do they strictly progress on just the xp points?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Player progression question..

In my simulations I've only noticed progression through XP points - so no I do not believe there is progression on top of XP points.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

Progression is through XP only. The better you do with them, The
More XP you get to spend on players. Making auto-progression or Potential useless finally.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Pretty much what TeamBuilder said, you can only progress with XP and during the offseason there is no opportunity to gain XP. Pretty silly since it would be the most opportune time for backups to progress. I would assume guys would benefit from staying in the same system year in and year out, maybe in future versions the longer a player is on the same team they receive some sort of benefit for it.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6

sooo, its pretty much impossible to progress backups because they hardly get xp points....great. I dont havr the patience for more than a 7 minute quarter and setting autosub sliders only takes away more opportunities for the starters. Anyway, thanks for the answer guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
Rookie

mullhouse's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912
sooo, its pretty much impossible to progress backups because they hardly get xp points....great. I dont havr the patience for more than a 7 minute quarter and setting autosub sliders only takes away more opportunities for the starters. Anyway, thanks for the answer guys.
If you think about it this more closely resembles real life. Backups don't progress (and we don't even see what they can do...ie Matt Flynn or Matt Cassel) unless they practice or come in for another player via injury or benching. Practice, play preseason games, and they will earn XP, albeit much slower. Just like real life IMO
Old 09-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

While I see what you're saying PATS, I have to say the way I have been able to get some good depth progression was the pre-season and running a full practice. Its a bit time consuming, but the goal of this particular mode from what I have been able to read is to establish your own system. So set your scheme, get the guys who fit your scheme and practice the hell out of them.

Seems to be the best way I've found to improve your players. It takes some time, but seems somewhat realistic.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

The XP system is dumb. Players don't progress by their play on the field in real life. They get better with what they do in practice and how hard they work off the field. Just because a QB goes out and throws for 400 yards in a game, does not mean his arm strength gets better. fficeffice" />>>
>>
With this system there would have never been an Aaron Rogers. B/C the years he sat behind Favre, he would have never progressed. >>
>>
Has anyone noticed regression yet?>>

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »