Home

Are the Browns this good?

This is a discussion on Are the Browns this good? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #25
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are the Browns this good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCBuckeyeNick
It was the DBs Weeden wasn't as bad as week 1. More of an in between some good some bad
Not as bad as week 1, almost as bad, but not as bad.

I'm telling you, Weeden is a poor man's Chris Weinke. He was a reach at Browns 1st.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 05:44 AM   #26
Rookie

MUFCBuckeyeNick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
Not as bad as week 1, almost as bad, but not as bad.

I'm telling you, Weeden is a poor man's Chris Weinke. He was a reach at Browns 1st.
You are only calling him Weinke cause of his age ... No true conparison. I'll bet any money Weeden will have better career numbers than Weinke easy. Look past his age. Based on Ability if he wasn't 28 he would gone higher in the draft
Old 09-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

I too am playing as the Browns in a ccm and they are much better than their ratings.

The D is tough to run against, they have Rubin and Taylor in the middle and Jackson is a beast as MLB. Rucker and Gocong are great run stoppers as well, and TJ Ward cleans up what anyone misses. Sheard is a freaking beast, hes rated an 87 if you swith to speed rusher.

Haden is a top 5 cover corner. Basically, year one draft your focus should be to get another corner and a FS and your defense should be top 5 easily for years.

On offense the line can run block very well so Richarson should be going off and your QBs suck but since you are playing as them their shortcomings are larely negated. Also, Thomas and Mack are top 5 at LT and C.

Most of the low ratings come from young guys having low awareness.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #28
Rookie

If you're picking the so called worst team in the game isn't the point to make them be better than they are in real life? If the Browns suck in real life so what? Does that mean you need to lose all your games in Madden if you play with them too? I think that it shows you're good at playing the game if you can beat the teams that are supposed to be better. Either that or the difficulty is low. Either way who cares as long as you have fun playing.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

The reason most bad teams are bad (in large part) is they have bad QBs. Look at the colts last year, Petyon goes down and they are the worst team in football.

When you play as the QB with the ability to lead WRs, make better decisions, etc. you negate that. Thats why its so easy to make bad teams better in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »