Home

Playbook Help

This is a discussion on Playbook Help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Playbook Help

I am needing some help in my CCM as to picking a new playbook, offensively, and possibly looking for some advice defensively.

On offense, I had been using the Panthers playbook, as I had Tim Tebow at QB and I run the triple option fairly well. I just drafted a stud QB, as Tebow doesn't cut it throwing the football, and the new QB is very slow. I still have Tebow on the roster as of right now to run a little bit or read option with, but I am looking for a playbook with some of the following:

Read option shotgun plays.(just 1 or 2)
Lots of Shotgun formations.(one with 5 WR's, not the 1 one where 1 of the WR's is actually a RB)
Some I-Form plays to use my blocking FB.
The Full House formation.

If anybody has any advice on a playbook that has these, that has quite a few passing plays that would be great. I have Jacob Tamme, but have problems giving him the ball where he doesn't drop it.

----------------------------------------------------

On defense I use the multiple D playbook. I enjoy this as it has a 4-3 and a 3-4 as well as the dollar formation. I don't know if any other playbooks do? The only thing missing from this playbook is the 3-3-5.

Thank you for all the help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Playbook Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by niles08
I am needing some help in my CCM as to picking a new playbook, offensively, and possibly looking for some advice defensively.

On offense, I had been using the Panthers playbook, as I had Tim Tebow at QB and I run the triple option fairly well. I just drafted a stud QB, as Tebow doesn't cut it throwing the football, and the new QB is very slow. I still have Tebow on the roster as of right now to run a little bit or read option with, but I am looking for a playbook with some of the following:

Read option shotgun plays.(just 1 or 2)
Lots of Shotgun formations.(one with 5 WR's, not the 1 one where 1 of the WR's is actually a RB)
Some I-Form plays to use my blocking FB.
The Full House formation.

If anybody has any advice on a playbook that has these, that has quite a few passing plays that would be great. I have Jacob Tamme, but have problems giving him the ball where he doesn't drop it.

----------------------------------------------------

On defense I use the multiple D playbook. I enjoy this as it has a 4-3 and a 3-4 as well as the dollar formation. I don't know if any other playbooks do? The only thing missing from this playbook is the 3-3-5.

Thank you for all the help.
on offense try the Packers playbook

on defense go with Baltimore

Last edited by Architekto; 12-12-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Run n' Gun has read option, full house, not sure on exactly what Shotty formations.

9'ers have read option, limited but decent shotgun formations, and a load of Iform.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think the Eagles may take the cake. I was looking through it on a website online, and they look to be plays that would fit my offense.

Thank you for the help.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8
This link will help with picking D playbook..also has offense but doesn't go into play types

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...der=true&gid=0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2012, 12:53 AM   #6
Banned

Maelstrom's Arena

OVR: 7

For a running QB, use the Panthers playbook. It's has a lot of triple option & read option plays.

I decided to start a coaching career with the Raiders & I am grooming Terrel Pryor to be the starter after Carson Palmers retires.

It works great with Pryor running the triple & read option plays.

The only problem is, I play coach only mode & the QB will not hand the ball off on option plays, he always keeps it himself. So, I have to make the read myself. If the LB, or D-lineman is keying in on the RB, I leave the controller alone & let the QB keep the ball. If they are staying home, I will tap "X," or the pitch button & then leave the rest up to the CPU.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

for info the source for that spreadsheet differs from reality

iirc 49ers dont have 3-2-6 but have both 2-3-6 and 2-3-6 sam

so i would suggest having a peak at the playbook in practice
Old 12-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Watching the 49er's last night and my Skins for the past couple of weeks tells me that EA either needs to update the playbooks or allow custom playbooks in CCM. I really dont get why you cant use custom playbooks its dumb...

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »