Home

Who is the best running back in to draft?

This is a discussion on Who is the best running back in to draft? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Who is the best running back in to draft?

Who do you guys know from any of the ccm drafts that resemble an Adrian Peterson or Ladanian Tomlison type, a mixture of speed and trucking

If you can tell me the name and which draft class that would be tons of help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Who is the best running back in to draft?

I don't know whether there would be a player like that coming out of the draft. I would say your better off drafting a speed back and then simply using xp over the first year to improve his trucking/stiff arm strength.

I'm the Colts and I drafted a HB in 1st Round after my first year with the following ratings:

Spoiler

SPEED: 99
ACC: 90
AGI: 91
CARRYING: 89
ELUSIVENESS: 89
STRENGTH: 66
STIFF ARM: 77ish cant remember atm
TRUCKING: not sure
BCV: 68

The thing is the attributes speed/acc/agi/elu are much more expensive than the other attributes so it might be faster to start with these attributes and upgrade the others than to draft the AP/LT combo straight off the bat
Old 02-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I agree with the above poster. STR/ELU/TRK can get mildly expensive at some point, but SPD/AGI/ACC are far more prohibitive to develop.

Some that I've see you might like:

(apologies in advance if the poster above me already mentioned - I didn't look at his spoiler tags)

Spoiler

And, depending on your roster, you might could try picking up someone like Trent Richardson. In the roster I have (from early in the season) and considering that I'm 4 years into my deepest CCM, he's got 90s in SPD, AGI, ACC, TRK, SPM, STA, CAR. All he needs is ELU and work on his route running and catching at your leisure.

Other young NFL HB might also be workable this way.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I agree with the above poster. STR/ELU/TRK can get mildly expensive at some point, but SPD/AGI/ACC are far more prohibitive to develop.

Some that I've see you might like:

(apologies in advance if the poster above me already mentioned - I didn't look at his spoiler tags)

Spoiler

And, depending on your roster, you might could try picking up someone like Trent Richardson. In the roster I have (from early in the season) and considering that I'm 4 years into my deepest CCM, he's got 90s in SPD, AGI, ACC, TRK, SPM, STA, CAR. All he needs is ELU and work on his route running and catching at your leisure.

Other young NFL HB might also be workable this way.
I'm a big Julio Calder fan. He's fast, injury-proof, and has decent trucking/carrying skills. His AWR, vision, and receiving skills are awful, but they're easy to increase. And, he's a superstar DEV.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 29

I like Dre Drovin in draft 20 he seems to do it all well and he's a superstar dev too. I'm fairly certain these are his rookie numbers I've had him for two plus seasons and don't recall upgrading any of these yet

SPD: 92
ACC: 92
AGI: 73
CARRYING: 94
ELUSIVENESS: 86
STRENGTH: 89
STIFF ARM: 74
TRUCKING: 86
BCV: 82

Also in a west coast offense he's given a WR grade in the mid 70s so I also use him there at either the 4th or 5th spot and he makes a ton of tough catches

Last edited by moylan1234; 02-19-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am about 9 years into my chiefs franchise and I am running a triple option offense with Taukei Griggs and Aerion Bordreaux. Griggs was starting his second year due to what I seen from him subbing Charles (who I let go from age) He couldn't break away much because I was playing the number 1 defense in the league, but he was breaking tackles left and right and was gone when he gets into space. He is a real beast and took me to the Super Bowl on a 1600 yard season but I lost that game by a bit.

The next year I needed somebody to spell him because Griggs' stamina needed some work, so I picked Bordreaux. In the first pre season game, I ran an Off tackle from the Strong Pistol formation, he ran parallel about 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage, broke a tackle and was now about 15 yards behind, did a 180 to the right, got a block from Griggs and Giles (my qb) and cut up field from inside the sticks. My LT picked up the secondary and he was gone for 72 yards+the 15 yards he was behind the line. Needless to say, he got the starting nod after that, but got injured in the last pre season game, missed the first 3 games, still got 1400 yards rushing. Neither are pass catchers though. They have been my favorite so far.

From a similar draft, D'Cota Bell was drafted by the Raiders and killed me for 190 yards on the ground and 60 yards receiving, I hate playing against them twice a year.

Griggs and Bell are very similar to AP just not as fast.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #7
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Algrenon Nelson (in the Daniel Romeo Draft) is very versatile (like an LT) and is a value, since he's projected to go in the 5th round...

I took him in the 3rd and in addition to being a top level backup to T. Rich in my CLE CCM, he's also got great ratings for 3rd down back AND K / P returns...
Old 02-20-2013, 03:03 AM   #8
Pro

live to die54's Arena

OVR: 5

for me its RB
Spoiler
he starts with 95 speed and is considered a powerback. hes a storyline player so he might end up different for you but for me his only real flaw was his carrying which started in the mid 70's however for me he only fumbled twice while being my starting RB and averaging 20 carries a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »