Home

Madden NFL 25 Developers Are Working On Implementing New NFL Rules

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Developers Are Working On Implementing New NFL Rules within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2013, 01:28 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 25 Developers Are Working On Implementing New NFL Rules

Hopefully we get a rehaul of the penalty engine in madden.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:20 AM   #34
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
So nobody else thinks there is a chance that M25 takes a page from MLB The Show and Kolbe, by implementing personalities for the refs tied into the penalty system? Seems to me like a plausible design decision to finally institute penalties in a controlled and organic seeming way for Madden.
I guess I could see it happening, but penalties are a tough thing to really get 'noticed' about. Guessing the MLB stuff includes things like how the umpires call strike zones and stuff? Ref tendencies in that case are much more significant and impactful.

If the idea of tendencies of non-players are to be factored in as a significant feature I'd prefer it be front-office/coaching staff related and the balance/effect of the sum of the personnel you've hired to run your team.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:34 AM   #35
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8
Great! With a little luck it will be patched in January 2014
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #36
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
So nobody else thinks there is a chance that M25 takes a page from MLB The Show and Kolbe, by implementing personalities for the refs tied into the penalty system? Seems to me like a plausible design decision to finally institute penalties in a controlled and organic seeming way for Madden.
Chance? Sure. Would you put money on it?

This could've been news about addressing every issue I have with the game. I wouldn't believe it until I saw vids from a retail copy of the game.

But this is not the type of news most of us are waiting for. It's news about a couple of new penalties that most of us assume will be piled onto the rest of the poorly implemented penalties.

What's the last thing Madden said it was working on that came out well?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #37
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

I'm not getting excited ever again about some guy that did something great for one game and is now coming to Madden. Why? Last year, the guy from NCAA Football came over to Madden, and the hope was, "yeah, this means those two games will be more alike, now, they'll edit the same with more and better accessories and the draft import bugs will be fixed."

NOPE. Instead, they have two different kinds of games completely and take draft importing out along with no editing at all until everyone complained about it long enough.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

And I hope no one believes one person will have an enormous impact during the 1st year of employment.

Takes awhile to find your place in a company.

Is it possible? Sure, but doubtful.

(Not referring to Kolbe or anyone in general)
Old 03-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
I can't believe some of the stuff I am seeing posted ITT, I am critical of what Tiburon does when I feel it's appropriate but at this point, this is good news. I can't understand why it's a bad thing that Tiburon is trying to emulate the new NFL penalties in a NFL sim video game, that's supposed to be the point of this type of game. People posting about "it's a video game", no it's not just a video game, it's a NFL simulation video game and there is a difference. I am glad to see Tiburon seeming to take a focus to just try to copy what applicable things, like penalties, the NFL does into Madden and hopefully for the arcade crowd that wants to have their own XFL style fantasy experience, they include working sliders, settings and options.

To those stating "why focus on this and not something else" penalties have been flawed in Madden this entire gen and focusing on finally fixing them is not a waste or misappropriation of resources IF they can be fixed. This is NFL rules and penalties we are talking about, not Twitter additions or some other "icing" on the cake. The fundamental rules and penalties are essential for any sim sports video game to emulate their respective sport as well as possible and they have been lacking in next gen Madden far too long. Maybe some people just don't realize how crucial applicable NFL penalties and rule enforcement are to making it possible to have realistic game play parameters in a NFL sim video game but I hope this a sign that Tiburon finally does. Also take note that I stated "making it possible" because I don't want anyone forced to only play Madden with realistic parameters, I just want that option.
I think they should simulate the NFL as much as reasonably possible. I'm not sure the new crown of the helmet penalty translates well into a video game. How does one avoid the penalty? How does one get the penalty? How do I control my players head/helmet? So I LOL at this particular rule in Madden when so many other rules are not enforced, or enforced correctly.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is shocking but one time I actually had an offensive pass interference penalty called in my favor in an online ranked match.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »