Home

Madden NFL 25 Developers Are Working On Implementing New NFL Rules

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Developers Are Working On Implementing New NFL Rules within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #41
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Madden NFL 25 Developers Are Working On Implementing New NFL Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32_OS
Just a thought here. Why not make sure the penalties they already have in the game work correctly. Its great they want to add those new rule changes, but what does it mean if they don't work properly? When's the last time a pass interference was called?
I share this sentiment. EA claims that "penalties take away from the fun" of playing madden, then why are they focusing on penalties? EA's messages is so inconsistant with madden and this is just furtherance of that.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 13
This may lead into the discussion of "realism" v. "fun." This is a videogame, and is supposed to be, above all, fun. These new rules, IMO, are not fun. I agree with the poster on the first page - when I play a videogame, I want to have hard hits over the middle (for that matter, I liked the NFL better with those too) and I want to be able to run over a DB as an RB. I guess sliders can accomplish different penalties in or out, but I am not excited about this at all. I skipped Madden last year, and I won't be at all surprised if I skip it again this year.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I share this sentiment. EA claims that "penalties take away from the fun" of playing madden, then why are they focusing on penalties? EA's messages is so inconsistant with madden and this is just furtherance of that.
Did EA really say that? Just more proof we need a true NFL simulation not some arcade bs.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Did EA really say that? Just more proof we need a true NFL simulation not some arcade bs.
EA has coined the term funabiltiy. Each time they use it, I KRINDGE and a little piece of me dies inside.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #45
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
This is why I am saying a penalty focus would be a real change of perspective.

I of course understand like everybody else the recent and past history of next-gen Madden but considering Kolbe combined with the two rumors about real refs and new penalty focus, this MIGHT be a sign of core change. The number one issue with next-gen Madden has been at the design choice level, imo and if these reports turn out to have some core merit, like ref crew personalities, that bodes well for the game as a whole. On the other hand if it is just more of the same than the game likely will be too.

It seems like a sensible occurrence that a major contributor from MLB The Show would utilize similar concepts in Madden, when possible. If not for Kolbe on the Madden team, I wouldn't have even given this stuff a second thought but considering the game he worked on, there maybe something to this stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #46
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
So nobody else thinks there is a chance that M25 takes a page from MLB The Show and Kolbe, by implementing personalities for the refs tied into the penalty system? Seems to me like a plausible design decision to finally institute penalties in a controlled and organic seeming way for Madden.
This is Tiburon we're talking about. They took 4 years to actually get refs on the field.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 03-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #47
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:

I of course understand like everybody else the recent and past history of next-gen Madden but considering Kolbe combined with the two rumors about real refs and new penalty focus, this MIGHT be a sign of core change. The number one issue with next-gen Madden has been at the design choice level, imo and if these reports turn out to have some core merit, like ref crew personalities, that bodes well for the game as a whole. On the other hand if it is just more of the same than the game likely will be too.

It seems like a sensible occurrence that a major contributor from MLB The Show would utilize similar concepts in Madden, when possible. If not for Kolbe on the Madden team, I wouldn't have even given this stuff a second thought but considering the game he worked on, there maybe something to this stuff.
I really hope that is the case, and I will have to reserve judgement. I hope you are correct.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 03-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:

Here's hoping you are on point and not just smoking the good stuff.

It's incredible how penalties have never been addressed properly in Madden yet they play such a vital role to the real life game. Boggling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »