Home

First Madden NFL 25 Screenshot, First Details on Run Free Ball Carrier Feature

This is a discussion on First Madden NFL 25 Screenshot, First Details on Run Free Ball Carrier Feature within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #25
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: First Madden NFL 25 Screenshot, First Details on Run Free Ball Carrier Feature

I just hope some how all this makes it way to OL/DL line interaction and with WR/DB interaction. Where a physical DB can really jam up and knock off stride a weaker WR. Same thing with lineman. Where a speed DE can throw a slower less athletic OT off balance and they once and for all kill the patty cake animation.

And more importantly, I hope the CPU controlled players make use of these new abilities as well. Too often over the past few years, new features would be added but the CPU controlled players wouldn't use them at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #26
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: First Madden NFL 25 Screenshot, First Details on Run Free Ball Carrier Feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Maybe they've connected to each other via CCM
I will say this, an online dynasty and online CCM running in lockstep with each other - with news from each game reported in the other - would be pretty incredible.

#speculation #wishlist
Old 04-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #27
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Definitely interesting, but with the same goofy animations this series has had all gen, it still won't look that impressive. Glad to see they're adding some sort of momentum and foot planting, but my hopes aren't high. I'm looking forward to seeing it in action. Also I hope it is implemented universally, not just for running backs. The defense better have the same advantages and disadvantages and the offensive players. My running back should not be cutting back and juking while the defenders just ice skate toward me for a tackle.

Posted this in the NCAA forum, but I just want to add that I hope the AI gets some love too. I want to see the computer make use of this new momentum system, if that's what this is. I hope the have the acceleration deceleration type system that was added to NHL last year, really made the game look and feel fluid(from the demo at least).

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #28
Rookie

whtsgoodparrish's Arena

OVR: 0
Bro can't wait to get Madden XXV but I think Madden 13 was the baddest Madden game ever. I have been playing Madden for years and I never felt this way about any other Madden. I know Madden 13 was supposed to be a more realistic madden game but I think the game developers did Horrible. The new infinite engine annoyed the HELL out of me by causing my players to be failing into each other like rag dolls and doing the slightest bump during a play into a lineman or teammate causing the ball carrier to fall, HOW STUPID IS THAT? Anyway the best Madden game to me is Madden 12. Overall terrific game, great running schemes, plays, and of course the great attention to detail. Great solid Madden game pushing the Madden limits even more. Hope I don't see the same results in Madden 13 in Madden XXV.
P. S. - Vote for Ray Lewis for Madden XXV cover vote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #29
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I will say this, an online dynasty and online CCM running in lockstep with each other - with news from each game reported in the other - would be pretty incredible.

#speculation #wishlist
That's my dream.

As far as the guys who are saying it looks the same.... what yearly sports release this gen can you really tell by looking at still shots if it's one iteration or the next (or even the one before)? I don't think that I could pick any outside of guessing.

Both Madden and NCAA look about what I expect them to. Of course, I would love to see player models (for NCAA mostly) and sidelines updated, but at this point I really never expected it until next gen.

With that said how the game looks really doesn't measure up to a hill of beans if the gameplay isn't up to par. That's why I can't even get excited until I see some videos.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #30
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
I can't remember a time when the Madden NFL franchise had recognizable tattoos?
Exactly -- and that's partially my point when I speak of mouthpieces. It's not to be trivial about what's seemingly a minor detail. Rather, Madden historically has been a game that has lacked individualism. It didn't help that Tiburon butchered signature QB animations last year.

So for a game that can't have tattoos, a game that doesn't capture the nuances of individual players (think LBJ biting his nails in 2K), and one that lacks signature animations, I think appearance wise players need to have all of the bells & whistles that distinguish them as individuals. Mouthpieces are a part of that, especially when considering how many players at skilled positions sport them.

I know my credibility takes a hit for talking about such a small detail , but the lack of mouthpieces has been a glaring omission this entire gen. Arian Foster doesn't resemble his true self in that M25 screen w/out one.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2
It says "ball carrier" not running back. Big difference. Still, you gotta show me in action before I can judge it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #32
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

Until I hear news about defensive line play, zone and man coverage and reads, I am not impressed....More advances to offense? And yet nothing about offensive line play....So just focus on the offensive skill positions and screw the real players in football?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »