Home

Lost the AFC Championship game and never got the ball...

This is a discussion on Lost the AFC Championship game and never got the ball... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9
Lost the AFC Championship game and never got the ball...

So I get to the AFC Championship game and it's one of the best games I have played of Madden in years. Back and forth. Then it goes in to OT. The announcer goes over the rules during the flip...

If the first team with the ball scores a TD they win. If they just score a FG the other team gets a possession.

The Broncos win the flip and I'm thinking... ok at least hold them to a FG. They get down inside my 10 yard line and I'm able to stop them. They setup for the FG and I'm thinking "Man this is a great game!"... The kick goes up and through the uprights... Game Over! I'm like what the.... I never got the ball!!!

The only thing I can figure is they fumbled the ball near their own 20 early and recovered it. Maybe the AI considered it a change of possession or something. Anyway you put it though THAT sucked. The best game of Madden in years and it gets screwed up by a bug.

To make matters worse my team relocated to San Antonio Texas. I chose to play as the Express. The logo looked similar to an SMU Mustang but with a rider. I thought. That's cool. I thought it was red but it turns out it's orange. I found that out in the uniform selection. There I only had two jersey choices. Two you say? Well there was a third but it had an orange helmet and the logo has no border so it just disappeared in to the helmet. (Obviously no one took the time to flip through the relocation jersey designs or they would have caught that.) So I'm forced to go with the black jerseys or look like the old Buccaneers. I can deal.

The last straw came when I loaded up my first home game and the screen is full of this neon orange. Endzones, mid field logo, lights... everything is orange. If it were like the Longhorns orange it would have been ok but it was like an orange highlighter orange. It literally gave me a headache!!!

I wish we could see the jerseys in action or tour the stadium to see what it looks like. Maybe a late season option to change your mind. Now I'm probably just going to stop playing that file because it's just too hard to look at.

Disappointed.

Anyone else experience any of this?
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS

Last edited by thbends; 09-03-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Lost the AFC Championship game and never got the ball...

Figures. I turned relocation OFF in mine. Mainly cuz I figured the AI would be goofy... Which it is, plus the selections were pretty slim as far as customization goes.

But this game like all before this gen. Shows such great stuff only to be followed by stupidity.

Ho hum

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »