Home

49ers Gold Pants Wrong? Or is it just me?

This is a discussion on 49ers Gold Pants Wrong? Or is it just me? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
49ers Gold Pants Wrong? Or is it just me?

It seems to me that the 49ers Gold in Madden (and I'm assuming Madden 13 as well) is lacking a slight greenish or yellowish tint that I saw during the playoffs and subsequently when I reviewed their season with NFL rewind. Am I crazy? If I am right, is there any way to let EA know?

Look at these pictures (pay special attention to the color of the pants):

(to show the difference, I used paint and put these two colors side by side:

As you can see, not really the same color. Actual images below comparing:

Madden:

Real Life:

Madden:

Real Life:

It's like the real 49ers gold pants have a baby poo brown/green tint to it (if you'll pardon the description, as it's the only one that comes to mind), but the Madden pants look closer to the 1980s 49er gold pants in color. More comparisons:

Madden:

Real Life:

Madden:

Real Life:

Of course, I did notice that in the evenings the color shifts a bit towards the red side of the spectrum:

but by in large there is a decided yellowish-green tint to the gold that is not in the game.

Anyone else see this? Is there any way, if I am correct, we as a sporting game fan community can alert EA before it is too late? I believe I read somewhere that a fellow named adembroski might be more knowledgeable about this sort of thing.

Thanks for reading and posting your thoughts!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: 49ers Gold Pants Wrong? Or is it just me?

I literally, lol at your baby poo reference. Anyways, I agree and it actually looks like the saints gold pants are closer to the niners actual gold pants.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I noticed this too. It's always bugged me. I always loved the old 49ers uniforms from the 80's with the huge pant stripe and when they said they were going to change, that's what I was expecting to see color wise and it looks like what Madden replicated but instead they've almost got this odd mustard color going on. I think they should change it to the way Madden looks honestly.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I noticed this too. It's always bugged me. I always loved the old 49ers uniforms from the 80's with the huge pant stripe and when they said they were going to change, that's what I was expecting to see color wise and it looks like what Madden replicated but instead they've almost got this odd mustard color going on. I think they should change it to the way Madden looks honestly.
I'm sure a lot of people agree, but I for one am a madden fan obsessed with realism. I want the 49ers to look like the 49ers, and the same with every other team, and besides, truth to tell I think it's a pretty cool color scheme. It is rather unique. I still like the Rams and Saints gold better, because they are shinier and more "goldy," but I don't think I've ever seen that mustard-y color on a football team before.

But really, "what you see on Sundays" is what I'm after, and when I watch the 49ers I see a different color than when I play Madden with or against them. And I think it is doubly important now that the 49ers are a good team. It's easy to overlook flaws in bad teams, but when a team plays an all time great playoff game and then misses going to the Super Bowl by a fumbled punt return, it is doubly important to get their appearance right. I think they will be the new bandwagon team.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 05-16-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm not sure how they get this wrong. It must be something lost in the animation process. It looks like the color is correct on the RGB but is just does not pop. It looks very matte.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #6
Banned

You are correct. The 49ers pants are a hideous mustard and their team is going to fall apart this year.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson24
You are correct. The 49ers pants are a hideous mustard and their team is going to fall apart this year.
Well, that's not really the point of this thread. They may fall, but then their division isn't very good. But that is beside the point. While you agree that the 49ers pants are a "hideous mustard," do you also agree that Madden has this color wrong in the game?
Old 05-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

They look better in Madden to me.

I was really hoping Nike would fix the mustard yellow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »