Home

NCAA Draft Class results/conversion

This is a discussion on NCAA Draft Class results/conversion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
NCAA Draft Class results/conversion

Can someone who has uploaded a draft class give some impressions on how it's incorporated into the CCM for the following aspects:

How many players are sent over (rough estimate)?

How was the scouting and draft projection?

How did players like D'Anthony Thomas, Johhny Football, Teddy Bridgewater, Jadevon Clowney convert over? Where their physical attributes changed did they remain the same? What were their overalls?

Did Madden assign a player type to the incoming draftees? Did these players types actually match the skill set the player had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterai
The following breakdown is a small example I did using a handful of players that I imported twice......shows what their ratings were in NCAA and how much of a hit they take when translated into Madden.....not only were the ratings random, so were the developmental ratings at times

Madden Import 1
Spoiler

Madden Import 2
Spoiler

MI #1
Spoiler

MI #2
Spoiler

MI #1
Spoiler

MI #2
Spoiler

MI #1
Spoiler

MI #2
Spoiler

MI #1
Spoiler

MI #2
Spoiler

MI #1
Spoiler

MI #2
Spoiler

MI #1
Spoiler

MI #2
Spoiler

MI #1
Spoiler

MI #2
Spoiler

MI #1
Spoiler

MI #2
Spoiler

MI #1
Spoiler

MI #2
Spoiler

MI #1
Spoiler

MI #2
Spoiler

MI #1
Spoiler

MI #2
Spoiler

Last edited by dghustla; 08-27-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
Rookie

LousyJackRanga's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Draft Class results/conversion

Just had braxton miller drafted by the bengals, he was an 80 overall with only 78 speed. Aaron Murray was the No.1 draft pick and was an 81 overall.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LousyJackRanga
Just had braxton miller drafted by the bengals, he was an 80 overall with only 78 speed. Aaron Murray was the No.1 draft pick and was an 81 overall.
That's around a 10 point decrease for Miller's speed right compared to NCAA?
Can you tell me about the throw acc and throw power?

Since Madden has ratings for Short, Medium, Deep i'm assuming these ratings are given out at random.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I still haven't found a player who was imported from ncaa who had anything but average development. Even Clowney, Bridgewater, Miller were all average development for me
Old 08-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've gotten Clowney with Quick Development, and also he came in with a 95 overall (at least as a speed rusher in my scheme) pretty awesome!

Lots of short RBs/WRs in the high rounds which is nice, since it seemed through NCAAs interface that those guys never got drafted.

Johnny Manziel came in with an 86 OVR and 94 awareness, but it seems like all the rookie QBs are quite a bit overpowered and their Awareness is what sets them apart. Of course, each time the class loads the stats are different so your mileage may vary.

The weirdest thing that I've seen is that two of my draft classes came in with all players being 0 toughness, and one of the draft classes, players had normal toughness. No idea why that's happening, but fortunately it's happening to probably the least important stat in the game so who cares
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #6
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

When I was scouting, alot of players had a B overall even those projected to go 3rd round. Now the B could mean 75-86 overall I think. The linemen blocking stats are amazing though for the 2014 draft class. I will have to check other big name players more though.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefmond
I've gotten Clowney with Quick Development, and also he came in with a 95 overall (at least as a speed rusher in my scheme) pretty awesome!

Lots of short RBs/WRs in the high rounds which is nice, since it seemed through NCAAs interface that those guys never got drafted.

Johnny Manziel came in with an 86 OVR and 94 awareness, but it seems like all the rookie QBs are quite a bit overpowered and their Awareness is what sets them apart. Of course, each time the class loads the stats are different so your mileage may vary.

The weirdest thing that I've seen is that two of my draft classes came in with all players being 0 toughness, and one of the draft classes, players had normal toughness. No idea why that's happening, but fortunately it's happening to probably the least important stat in the game so who cares
Was Clowney given a player type?

It seems that the classes are alot more diverse than the pre-scripted classes?
Old 08-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
When I was scouting, alot of players had a B overall even those projected to go 3rd round. Now the B could mean 75-86 overall I think. The linemen blocking stats are amazing though for the 2014 draft class. I will have to check other big name players more though.
There should be a fair amount of B talent still in the 3rd round. Look at a guy like the Honey Badger or Kenny Stills. It's nice to see deeper classes. Most 3rd round picks are expected to contribute on the team in year one. Not be a starter but if you take a CB in the 3rd round you expect him to at least be your nickel or Dime. In the pre-scripted class the only good players in the middle rounds were the "quick,fast,star development" players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »