Home

Is there a coach mode?

This is a discussion on Is there a coach mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is there a coach mode?

I don't an owner in the league that has to call his team plays. totally stupid. And these are people who claim to know football.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
Help - Calling Plays Only

I started a CFM with the Cowboys in owner mode. I was under the impression that in either Coach or owner mode, I would be able to go into the games during the season itself, call the plays and watch as the computer played against itself. Kind of like a traditional coach mode, where you only called the plays and watched the action. Is this not available? When I go into the games it is making me actually control the players and that is not what I wanted. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 09-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

I set coach mode to on in the settings screen, but it still makes me play on defense. I am assuming there is no option in this years game that allows you to just call the plays and watch what happens? If not, that sucks.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #20
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Is there a coach mode?

I'm pretty sure that Coach Mode in the context of Madden means the game will play itself as soon as you snap the ball, but you are still in control of all presnap commands. Presumably on defense you wouldn't touch any buttons after the CPU snaps the ball to achieve this effect.

Not a traditional coach mode, per se, but you might be able to get something out of what exists with what (I believe) is currently implemented. Give it a shot, if you are able.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #21
Banned

dallas fan's Arena

OVR: 2

Yep, its total BS. I like to watch CPU vs CPU games during my franchise, or if I am blowing a team out sometimes I would go to controller select and let the cpu finish out a game for me and just watch. Not anymore! Now you cant even watch other games during your franchise or stop mid game and set it to cpu vs cpu. A MONUMENTAL F**CK up! This is exactly why I have not bought Madden 13 or this POS M25 debacle. I said in other threads that M25 would not sell well this year and sure enough it is absolute fact! Way to go EA. I bet you money also that next gen M25 will be based off this exact same frame work and will not allow cpu vs cpu either. In fact, other than higher resolution graphics, I bet it will play exactly like this hot mess for current gen. Thanks again EA for saving me money on trash!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »