Home

Season Mode?

This is a discussion on Season Mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2013, 11:05 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: I'm lost....season mode

Chose to be a coach.

Play your games while ignoring all the franchise stuff.

Presto, season mode
Old 09-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #10
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoe24
I haven't played a madden game since they had the tony Bruno feature so I'm completely lost and please forgive my ignorance here.....but is there no option to just play one 16 game season? The only option I see is the franchise stuff which would be ok, I could just play one season but it looks like its only owner, coach or choose one player. I just want to play one season with my favorite team. Is there anyway to do that? Any help would be much appreciated.
Not in the way you remember.

Playing a Connected Franchise as a player in akin to the old Superstar mode.
Playing a Connected Franchise as a coach is the franchise (in terms of controlling/playing team games) you remember.
Playing a Connected Franchise as an owner includes the coach experience, and with added team expense control on top of that.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Not in the way you remember.

Playing a Connected Franchise as a player in akin to the old Superstar mode.
Playing a Connected Franchise as a coach is the franchise (in terms of controlling/playing team games) you remember.
Playing a Connected Franchise as an owner includes the coach experience, and with added team expense control on top of that.
It definitely looks like its hard to navigate if you're someone like me who hasn't ever played it or hasn't played it in a long time. I shouldn't have to come to a message board to figure out how to play one season with the team I want. I played an exhibition game to get my feet wet and really liked the game so I went to start my season but couldn't figure out how to do it. I got so frustrated I just shut it off. And I'm 38 years old and been playing video games since 1980....never played a sports until now that I couldn't figure out how to start something as simple as a season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Season Mode?

Can you play the games in Owner mode?
Old 09-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #13
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoe24
It definitely looks like its hard to navigate if you're someone like me who hasn't ever played it or hasn't played it in a long time. I shouldn't have to come to a message board to figure out how to play one season with the team I want. I played an exhibition game to get my feet wet and really liked the game so I went to start my season but couldn't figure out how to do it. I got so frustrated I just shut it off. And I'm 38 years old and been playing video games since 1980....never played a sports until now that I couldn't figure out how to start something as simple as a season.
Madden 13 had confusing menus - Madden 25 is better about things being in their obvious locations.

When you enter Connected Franchise mode, they even spell out exactly what each choice entrails. There is not a one-off season mode, but it's pretty clear that choosing to play as a coach gives you that experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
Can you play the games in Owner mode?
Yes.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Madden 13 had confusing menus - Madden 25 is better about things being in their obvious locations.

When you enter Connected Franchise mode, they even spell out exactly what each choice entrails. There is not a one-off season mode, but it's pretty clear that choosing to play as a coach gives you that experience.

Yes.
I get what you're saying and I appreciate you dumbing it down for me so I can play the mode I want to play. Of course a die hard madden guy would probably navigate with ease through this but the front end needs to be a little less complicated for guys like me who haven't played it in forever. And I'm not in anyway saying the game itself needs to be easier or less sim like because I won't play a sports game that's arcadish, I want as close to real life as possible. It just seems it was better when the home screen came up you had choices like "exhibition" "season" and "franchise". I would like to have seen that instead of having to bother people on here with stupid questions about how to start a season.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #15
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

This is why the absence of manual booklets in the box is a complete joke.

Why can we not read how things in the game work any more?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #16
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
This is why the absence of manual booklets in the box is a complete joke.

Why can we not read how things in the game work any more?
Most games are opting for little or no documentation in the case. I'd speculate either because fewer and fewer read them, and it looks good from a company standpoint of 'going green' in little ways.

Madden has an in-game manual (though I haven't read it so no idea how in-depth it is), and there is also an online manual on EA's site:

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...dden-25-manual

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »