Home

What is it with some of these kids online?

This is a discussion on What is it with some of these kids online? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #25
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What is it with some of these kids online?

Umm actually that has happened before. Guy gives himself up at the 1 or 2 yard line in a tied game.

That's not cheese, it's smart strategy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #26
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy184
How many times do you see an NFL player fall down to avoid scoring a touchdown to run a couple more minutes off the clock? Never with a tie game. OP calls someone a cheeser while he cheeses himself.
When Brian Westbrook did it against the Cowboys years ago, it was labeled the smartest pay in NFL history, even though he took a lot of heat from fantasy owners, still it was the smartest thing to do.

Don't know if your trolling, but hey.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Umm actually that has happened before. Guy gives himself up at the 1 or 2 yard line in a tied game.

That's not cheese, it's smart strategy.
Bingo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1m4y20bWuA
Old 10-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had someone call me a cheater and said I was scared. That wasn't either online. How am I cheating because I choose to run the clock out if I'm up by a few touchdowns or can win the game at the end by kicking a field goal. So that's defiantly not something that only happens online.

People look at it like its an unwritten rule that you have to play the game arcade style. Like you have to give them a chance to score.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Old 10-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Not to be a debbie downer but this topic has come up since online Madden went live back in the day no?

I agree that there has been some effort to lower the fromage factor in the games.

IMO the only solution to this, shy of a police state like gaming experience is moderated game lobbies (the minority) and keep like 80-ish percent the way it is. The 'why isn't this happening part' though is kinda bewildering in that this idea wouldn't even cost a lot on the EA/Tib/NFL side...some extra lobbies with some not overly complicated coding, volunteer room moderators [to start off].

A couple of moderated rooms to start, clearly stated rules on what constitutes cheesing/unacceptable room and game behaviour, what doesn't, an appeal system and a graduated 3 strike rule. Max penalty, banned from the moderated lobbies, feel free to play/cheese/troll the public lobbies, your actions have made you not welcome to this part of the game, please come again.

Still scratch my head why this hasn't been at least tried. Would revolutionize all of EAS' online experience in my estimation. Hell, you could have co-sponsored contests to become the Under Armor EA Sports Madden 29 online game moderator. Practically sells itself.

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death"
-Dave Barry
Old 10-05-2013, 01:23 AM   #30
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
How many times do you see an NFL player fall down to avoid scoring a touchdown to run a couple more minutes off the clock? Never with a tie game. OP calls someone a cheeser while he cheeses himself.
MJD did it in a tie game between the Jets and Jags back in 2009 I believe. This most definitely happens in the NFL.....only an idiot would want to score a TD in a tie game and give their opponent a chance to get the ball back late in the game instead of just kneeling the ball, run the clock out and kick a 24 yrd FG with time expiring.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4
Old 10-05-2013, 02:12 AM   #31
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPZ187
MJD did it in a tie game between the Jets and Jags back in 2009 I believe. This most definitely happens in the NFL.....only an idiot would want to score a TD in a tie game and give their opponent a chance to get the ball back late in the game instead of just kneeling the ball, run the clock out and kick a 24 yrd FG with time expiring.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

Down 21-22 even

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 02:55 AM   #32
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Ahmad Bradshaw tried to in the Super Bowl. He just had too much momentum and tumbled into the endzone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »