Home

Renegotiation Help

This is a discussion on Renegotiation Help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2013, 12:36 AM   #1
MVP

emalloy3's Arena

OVR: 11
Renegotiation Help

I'm in CCM Owner mode in the third year and I'm trying to resign RG3, he is asking for 6yr/$112 mill when I offer any contract it say's I have insufficent funds. However it says that I have $64.8 mill in cap space? I have no clue what the porblem is.
NBA:Los Angeles Lakers
NCAABB:Georgetown Hoyas
MLB:Washington Nationals

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #2
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Renegotiation Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by emalloy3
I'm in CCM Owner mode in the third year and I'm trying to resign RG3, he is asking for 6yr/$112 mill when I offer any contract it say's I have insufficent funds. However it says that I have $64.8 mill in cap space? I have no clue what the porblem is.
It's referring to your Owner funds. The Bonus comes from those funds and is separate from your Cap Space.

Watch me play video games
Old 12-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by emalloy3
Reduce bonus money that counts against you in the same year.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #4
Rookie

I had this problem as well and idk about it being solely for bonus. I had a Rams chise and went to resign their Punter. I had 1.75 million dollars in funds. I offered him a bonus of 1 million and a salary of 1M. It said I didn't have the money to commit to that contract. Next week I had 4M and it went through
Old 12-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
Rookie

preaceps's Arena

OVR: 6

jose how long was contract you offered. if you had 1.75m and offered 2yr contract with 1m bonus. Then you dont have the funds. Bonus is shown amount x length of contract. And it all gets taken out as one. So a 2yr 1M salary, 1M Bonus would actually pay out as 2M payed at signing, and 1M each year. Cap hit would still be 2M each year though. (Realize that it would actually be like 1.8M and 2.2M because all contracts are back-loaded.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
Rookie

yup, you have to pay the full bonus up front and have to have at least that much in Owner funds to pay it. I didn't realize that myself and in my CCM I handed out a bunch of high bonus contracts to young players and drained my owner funds dry. Then I had the #3 overall draft pick who took another 14 million in bonus plus the rest of my draft picks and took a bit each and I ended up $19 million in the hole to start the next season. On top of that 4 of my first 6 games were road games so I haven't been getting much in revenue so I can't sign free agents or even make offers to my own guys.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #7
Rookie

Ah yes you are correct
Old 12-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #8
MVP

emalloy3's Arena

OVR: 11

Okay I see now Thank you all for the help
NBA:Los Angeles Lakers
NCAABB:Georgetown Hoyas
MLB:Washington Nationals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »