Home

how do YOU attack Ultimate Team?

This is a discussion on how do YOU attack Ultimate Team? within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2014, 07:34 AM   #17
Pro

goalie's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: how do YOU attack Ultimate Team?

also, back to my central question:

i did a few solo challenges of training camp difficulty, and now i've moved on to the "regular season" challenges.

the nice thing here is that the difficulty increases every 3 games. first 3 were rookie, next 3 pro, last 2 are all-pro.

plus, rewards are a little better, too. (more coins, plus a pack reward every other game)

one thing - i picked my favorite team - so 6 games in i realize i am going to get a coach that doesnt help my play style. i should have chosen the team based on play style! (the reward after 8 games seams to be a "silver upgraded coach" - whatever that means.)
Old 09-01-2014, 08:18 AM   #18
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

The packs are screwing me over. I've gotten nothing from them that I was happy about. Its to the point where I am fed up with packs and will just resort to strictly buying auctioned players to fill out my team.

I spent probably $20 of my own on pro packs, and have spent probably 500K in coins. Have not pulled an elite, and usually just get some 74 rated garbage player.

The best player I got from a pack was my LT Michael Roos
Old 09-01-2014, 09:14 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

In the early going I will buy some packs if there is nothing I consider a great value on the AH. I find this can really bolster your lineup if you get a card that you can sell.

Last year, I got a Patrick Peterson that I was able to sell for 75K coins.

This year, last night, my first somewhat big score was a Colin Kaepernick. I sold him for 46k and used that money on the AH to upgrade my team. Still had coins left and bought one of the veteran packs and got two players that will sell for 28k combined.

I won't pay real money, but I will take the occasional risk on a pack or two in the early going. It takes a little luck, but can be worth it if you hit on one.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #20
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarbeez
In the early going I will buy some packs if there is nothing I consider a great value on the AH. I find this can really bolster your lineup if you get a card that you can sell.

Last year, I got a Patrick Peterson that I was able to sell for 75K coins.

This year, last night, my first somewhat big score was a Colin Kaepernick. I sold him for 46k and used that money on the AH to upgrade my team. Still had coins left and bought one of the veteran packs and got two players that will sell for 28k combined.

I won't pay real money, but I will take the occasional risk on a pack or two in the early going. It takes a little luck, but can be worth it if you hit on one.

I am done w/ packs until I reach a point where I have a disposable income of coins to throw at packs. Till then I will use the auction house to buy the players I need to fit my style boost and fill out my team.

I bought a Joe Flacco gold on a buy now for 4k in coins. It's made such a huge difference since my previous QB was Ryan Fitzpatrick; using a LP QB so Flacco is a major upgrade in terms of arm strength etc.

Last edited by JBH3; 09-01-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #21
Rookie

pies's Arena

I was just going for packs

but now I've been hitting the auctions for player that fit my playing style
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 11:08 AM   #22
Rookie

This is a great thread to read for a newcomer to MUT. Lot of good insight, thanks fellas.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #23
Rookie

Bgartz29's Arena

OVR: 6

I threw 30 bucks at packs and got nothing worth noting so that is it for me. Elites are going to be more rare this year since you don't get one for buying bundles, at least right now.

I am just going to do the regular season solo matches since they give a lot of coins compared to online matches.

As for collections, try and do some auction house research before going for the collection. I had to learn this the hard way early. Most collections cost more to obtain the pieces than the actual award.

The only reason to do most of these is if you are going for the Richard Sherman 99 collection which is mainly for people who play a lot.

Other than that have fun and try to not let the online matches frustrate you.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #24
Rookie

MrYaz's Arena

I'm 0-3 online and having a blast building my team. I upgraded everyone slowly through auction house to 70 ovr.

Now I'm slowly upgrading players to 80 ovr.

Btw, nick foles with the short pass bonus is nasy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »