Home

Old 11-21-2017, 10:01 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
MLB 2K18??

For organizational purposes - and asking the question...

Are we considering a 2018 roster for MLB 2K13? Do we have enough free player slots to pull this off? Is there interest in organizing something here?

There has been a TON of roster movement in just the last 24-48 hours alone - so I didn't know what the thinking was.

Commence discussion...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 05:25 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K18??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33

Are we considering a 2018 roster for MLB 2K13? Do we have enough free player slots to pull this off? Is there interest in organizing something here?

There has been a TON of roster movement in just the last 24-48 hours alone - so I didn't know what the thinking was.

Commence discussion...
I missed this post by you. But yes, I think we should continue with a roster into 2018. I have already kept up with all transactions through 11/26/17. Free agents are in the pool. I'm sure there are some minor league contracts that are not renewed/renewed that I haven't caught, but I have updated everything that fox sports transactions has posted.

I'm not sure about the space for necessary players? Is there a point where we need to go through and start using old players slots and ID's? Not sure how that all works. I have purchased the full version of reditor and hope to help as much as possible going forward with this roster.

I have figured out the problem with specific pitchers and their pitch tendencies not working appropriately. I have made this change on my personal roster for James Paxton and it was a game changer for me!

Also, the work I have been doing with the Range attribute and editing that to minus 25 from each players initial rating across the board has really improved this game for me as well.

So yeah, I'm in!

-Mark

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2017, 03:03 PM   #3
jmc
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

Commence discussion...
I'm willing to help get a 2018 roster started, but not by myself. There's a way to keep adding more players to a roster without worrying about running out space.
Old 12-23-2017, 03:39 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc
I'm willing to help get a 2018 roster started, but not by myself. There's a way to keep adding more players to a roster without worrying about running out space.
Quote:

Commence discussion...
OK, here is the roster I have been working on since the last file released. I believe it is from last one Mkharsh33 updated. Most every transaction that has taken place is reflected. However, there is a list of about 20-30 players that were part of transactions through the winter thus far that still are NOT created. I will post the list when I get a chance.

In order to keep up with the transactions, most teams I have signed 1-star fake players to the roster to ensure they have the minimum required players on each roster. Therefore, some of the moving and signing leaves many teams with players in the wrong part of the organization. Some MiLB signings are on the major league roster, etc.

This roster also incorporates the -25 range edited attribute I have posted about. It can easily be switched back to regular if needed.

I thought this would be a good starting point for the upcoming roster in 2018. Let me know what y'all think and I can continue to provide assistance throughout.

Gogogogogo!

Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone!

-Mark
Attached Files
File Type: rar MLB 2K18 v2.rar (1.87 MB, 56 views)

Last edited by GMAB8; 12-23-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:06 PM   #5
jmc
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAB8
OK, here is the roster I have been working on since the last file released. I believe it is from last one Mkharsh33 updated. Most every transaction that has taken place is reflected. However, there is a list of about 20-30 players that were part of transactions through the winter thus far that still are NOT created. I will post the list when I get a chance.

In order to keep up with the transactions, most teams I have signed 1-star fake players to the roster to ensure they have the minimum required players on each roster. Therefore, some of the moving and signing leaves many teams with players in the wrong part of the organization. Some MiLB signings are on the major league roster, etc.

This roster also incorporates the -25 range edited attribute I have posted about. It can easily be switched back to regular if needed.

I thought this would be a good starting point for the upcoming roster in 2018. Let me know what y'all think and I can continue to provide assistance throughout.

Gogogogogo!

-Mark
Unbelievable just as I'm turning on my 360 something breaks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2017, 06:33 PM   #6
jmc
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAB8

Gogogogogo!right

-Mark
GMABB This update is awesome thank you. I noticed you added updated career stats for the mariners how did you do that? And see you created pitcher Marcos Diplan from the Brewers. Are there anymore players you made in this update?

I added pitcher Yoshihisa Hirano to the roster and updated a few minor transactions. I will try to post it later this up coming week, I just hope my Xbox doesn't give out on me again.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:45 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc
GMABB This update is awesome thank you. I noticed you added updated career stats for the mariners how did you do that? And see you created pitcher Marcos Diplan from the Brewers. Are there anymore players you made in this update?

I added pitcher Yoshihisa Hirano to the roster and updated a few minor transactions. I will try to post it later this up coming week, I just hope my Xbox doesn't give out on me again.
Yes, there are a few players I did add to the roster. Not many however. I think Scott Barlow, P, LAD? There are a couple, I'll have to look back at my notes. I know there are about 20-30 that need added though. Some of them I added may be in name only too, no ratings adjustment. I can't remember.

Haha, I am surprised you noticed the career stats! Good catch! I think I did Seattle and LAA. I did it through reditor and fangraphs with the help of excel. It really is quite simple but time consuming for me as I am not that swift with all of this. Basically, I copies and pasted stats from fangraphs into excel and organized so that the correct stats were matching the proper cells in reditor and pasted them into reditor. Doing this, I had to create new stats cells for these players so that the game would look in that place and show in game. Then you have to edit the player in reditor to tell it to look at those cells for the stat overlays.

Pretty cool for the presentation aspect, but it is imperfect.

The hardest thing for me is coming to correct and fair ratings for players. You really have to know the 2k13 game engine to really get those right. I seem to overrate players on my first attempt and have to go back and adjust down.

Speed is a tricky one also. With my slower setting for base runner speed in my sliders, a player with 50-60 speed is a BIG-TIME hindrance on their ability. Which it should be, right? Or, what is the difference of 10 speed and 50 in game? Is there a great enough distance that we could use that great of a disparity?

All good stuff! I am addicted to this game right now and looking forward to keeping MLB2K18 going!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2017, 11:33 AM   #8
Rookie

Hmm, I just updated my 2016 to the 2017 roster successfully. Then I found the 2018 .rar update (I want Giancarlo on Yanks!) 8-), so I converted the rar to zip, extracted and opened in Horizon and replaced the 2017 roster, put usb in xbox, and it pulled the games original 2013 roster. hmm. So I went back to installing the 2017. Did I do something wrong with the rar file procedure?
Thanks to you all!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Rosters »