Home

Rain delays and rainouts...

This is a discussion on Rain delays and rainouts... within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2006, 06:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Rain delays and rainouts...

I read in an interview that BOTH delays and rainouts are in this year! Anyone heard more about this feature? I think it's cool that a game will have this, the only game I can remember that had BOTH was WSB 98 for Sega Saturn. Wonder how it will be implemented on MLB 2k6?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2006, 06:54 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Rain delays and rainouts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutterhof
I read in an interview that BOTH delays and rainouts are in this year! Anyone heard more about this feature? I think it's cool that a game will have this, the only game I can remember that had BOTH was WSB 98 for Sega Saturn. Wonder how it will be implemented on MLB 2k6?
I can imagine playing a game and having it start raining, and being told the game's either delayed or cancelled. In which case I'll definitely be turning that feature off... and we'd BETTER be able to turn it off. I play baseball games because I want to play baseball, not sit in the stands and have my weiner get soggy. (My "hotdog" weiner of course: what else you think I meant?)
Old 03-13-2006, 07:09 PM   #3
Banned

Looking back on my life there are a few things that stand out as being totally fricking annoying: that bully kid in third grade; those zits I always got in high school; that first idiotic live-in relationship I got myself entangled in; and turning on the TV only to find that game I’ve been looking forward to all week is in a RAIN DELAY.

Next year they’ll no doubt add coaches dragging their fingernails across chalkboards in the clubhouse, or worse, Tim McCarver as the third man in the booth.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:18 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Looking back on my life there are a few things that stand out as being totally fricking annoying: that bully kid in third grade; those zits I always got in high school; that first idiotic live-in relationship I got myself entangled in; and turning on the TV only to find that game I’ve been looking forward to all week is in a RAIN DELAY.

Next year they’ll no doubt add coaches dragging their fingernails across chalkboards in the clubhouse, or worse, Tim McCarver as the third man in the booth.

Well, it's funny you should mention that. You do realize that in 2k6 you will have the ability, as the coach, to either give "inpsiring speeches" or..well...basically cuss out your players....although I'm sure the cussing won't really be...well...you get the point. I have a feeling it works more like arguing a play (where you press a button to determine intensity) than actually picking and choosing what you want to say.

The thing is, it's not like they're going to sit there for hours on end because of a rain delay...they're just going to (at best) show some cut scenes for a few seconds and then either move the game to a new date or finish it at a later time in the day. At worst, we'll get a good ol' "game has been rained out and moved to so and so" message before we even start the game.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:37 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoud
Well, it's funny you should mention that. You do realize that in 2k6 you will have the ability, as the coach, to either give "inpsiring speeches" or..well...basically cuss out your players....although I'm sure the cussing won't really be...well...you get the point. I have a feeling it works more like arguing a play (where you press a button to determine intensity) than actually picking and choosing what you want to say.
I wasn't aware of that. And I'm sure the rain delays won't be overdone. But I guess I'm old school or whatever. I have no interest in arguing calls; and I have no interest in rain delays. I don't even like those new player-specific homerun cut scenes they just showed on that new vid yesterday; too ostentatious for my tastes. I just want I game where I pitch and hit and try and score a few runs. IMO, game companies are trying too hard to re-create real life, instead of simply making games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2006, 07:38 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 28

It's funny how different people welcome different things. Personally I'd love to have rainouts and rain delays. I think it would be cool. Say I'm getting plastered early on and it's pouring. Nothing like mother nature saving my backside. LOL. I don't think it'll probably be implemented like that but I sure hope it can be. The more real the better. I also hope they realize there are different climates and Boston and Yankee games have more of chance to get rained than say Houston.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:09 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
The more real the better. I also hope they realize there are different climates and Boston and Yankee games have more of chance to get rained than say Houston.
"Real"... okay, let's look at 2K5. It rained in Skydome last year. And I have this feeling that wasn't fixed, because I don't believe the programmers even considered that an issue. Plus all default games were played in 20 degree weather. And that's not 20 "balmy Canadian" degrees, but 20 "base-ballfreezing American" degrees.

And this is why I prefer "baseball only", and why I'm guessing "no" to your hopes.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:15 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Cool

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »