Home

The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

This is a discussion on The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2008, 06:03 PM   #121
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewhaha
no one is going to want to read it all.
Especially in a couple of weeks when your post is buried 12 pages back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2008, 03:15 AM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 2

Things need to be fixed please:

-ESPN like presantation, different commentors
-No laggy online
-Keep the control schemes
-Career Mode
-More in depth franschise mode and add more features
-Keep the 2k cards but add more players
-manager situation are stupid game modes
-make diving easier
-Add realistic player overalls
-Add more pitch types like ephus and forkball
-update the pics. on player cards

----thanks
Old 10-12-2008, 10:56 PM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 1

2k really needs to work on their presentation

1: Atmosphere
Crowd going nuts
teamates celebrating
walkoff celebrations
announcers sounding exciting after a walkoff

2: Presentation
They NEED to have something like ESPN NFL 2K5

They should have a baseball tonight program u can watch, or at least have a pregame show like that breaking down the major factors of the game, and im not saying just talking, i wanna see the analyists at a desk, like a tv broadcast........

3: Playoff Atmosphere
towels swinging, crowd getting super loud, players sweating, teammate interaction ( high fives, handshakes, standing in the dugout, cheering)

The crowd, and teammates should be going nuts, if u just hit a walkoff homerun that just won your team the world series

4: Ads
teams should have the actual sponsor logos on their uniforms, the playoff logos should be seen on the fields, ads, and on jerseys

5: All Star Break
mlb 2k7 and 2k8 had a horrible all star break, the only thing i like is that they have a HR Deby
There are no announcers, their not wearing the real jerseys, their are no ads, its just like an ordinary game.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #124
Rookie

OVR: 1
Exclamation Re: The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

2k8 was a step back. all 2k9 needs to be the best baseball game ever is a superstar mode(like in madden) where you can create your own player, have a drills to see how good your player is, get drafted and have a awesome career (make sure you include the Pitcher position). Another awesome thing would be if your made a owner mode and you could start with a small stadium, upgrade it, and buy venues and shops for it. overall you should follow MVP baseball 2005 but include superstar mode.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:28 PM   #125
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogoreo
2k8 was a step back. all 2k9 needs to be the best baseball game ever is a superstar mode(like in madden) where you can create your own player, have a drills to see how good your player is, get drafted and have a awesome career (make sure you include the Pitcher position). Another awesome thing would be if your made a owner mode and you could start with a small stadium, upgrade it, and buy venues and shops for it. overall you should follow MVP baseball 2005 but include superstar mode.
So from this post, I am assuming you want more RPG elements to a sports game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 09:42 PM   #126
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damanjinx
Build from scratch... Engine is garbage.... talk to sony and copy.

^^ what he said.....
Old 10-14-2008, 07:40 AM   #127
Banned

OVR: 28

Wow, I actually think the sony engine is outdated for next gen. Could be just me but I always get the fealing like I am playing a last gen game. The Motion capture elemnets are way off, and the physincs look weird. Player faces looke great but everything else is last gen with a touch of HD. Lokk at the flags, the player models, the stadium backdrops, no collision for players, and just the way the players play is last gen. The best thing I love about the show is the presentation, and stat tracking throughout the game as well as the cool animation cutscenes it does for players. But I wouldnt dare say that sony is the standard on what to follow. They make a great game but it has a ways to go as well.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:56 PM   #128
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogoreo

all of this extra stuff is not necessary in 2K9 or any game...2K has a hard enough time as it is to make their game play like a game of baseball.....2K needs to get the gameplay down first!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »