Home

The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

This is a discussion on The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-16-2008, 09:05 AM   #129
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

gameplay gameplay gameplay. The wish list here is full of suggestions. Why does this thread even exist?

get the gameplay and physics right. 2K8 was horrid. The developers know what is wrong...they don't need suggestions. Just fix what people were complaining about 1 day after release this year, and for the past 7 months.

C
Old 10-16-2008, 03:04 PM   #130
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

Thomas Haden Church is not on the Yankees. Enough said.
LMAO....Looks just like him..Great find!!
Old 10-18-2008, 07:38 PM   #131
Rookie

OVR: 1

First of all, MLB 2K series needs a facelift and a major one. 2K7 and 2K8 have both been disasters and I have just the thing it will need to get back up to Elite status like Madden and NBA2K. Heres my suggestions on what needs to be in MLB 2K9 and beyond. I sure hope your listening you hard-headed developers as this could also earn a bonus check on pay day for a rewarding video game. :]

> Graphics (Update Stadium graphics, wind effect needs to be toned down a bit looks like a fan is blowing inside their shirts, fans themselves. Take a picture of each player main MLB player that is specialized to be used for graphics purposes.)

> Gameplay (Add Joe Buck, Tim McCarver and/or Harold Reynolds as color commentators with Ken Rosenthal reporting news and rumors, Jennie Zelasko at the beginning of games. getting rid of Morgan and Miller who are real boring playing everygame with their voices. Have post game show (optional for gamers). Scoreboard flashing other games results, Simple controls. In-game Breaks on other games around the league)

> Game Menu : That Blue menu is hideous and boring been in the series both years, its needs face lift ala Madden's. Players portraits or pictures need to be replaced and updated.

> Franchise Mode: This one needs a facelift for sure;
1. Add Expansion Mode ASB,
2. Option to control ALL 30 MLB TEAMS!!!.
3. Add Rule V draft, Arbitration, Draft in midseason with prospects
4. Improve Minor League system
5. Better All Star game*
6. Have the Money contracts that player has in real life
7. Dynasty type with 25 years of Franchise
8. Ability to Hire and Fire managers midseason, and in addtion include pool of "free agent managers, pitching coach, hitting coach." Be Realistic with names like Willie Randolph, Ken Macha, Jack McKeon those type of people we've heard off. Have it be like Madden and their Offseason Mode with Coaches.
9. A Newspaper flash when clicking League News with a picture of say a walk-off win or a pitcher throwing no-hitter, have it say great headlines like "Streaking Rays Win" or "Yankees reel in Fish in Win" also display headlines on minor leaguers suspended on use of steroids, or reporting on major injuries like Smoltz needs tommy john surgery; out for season., Player on last year of contract demanding trade when team is out of first or in cellar of division.)
10. Offseason Mode which includes Winter Meetings where you discuss trade proposals, scouting foreign players like the next Dice-K or Miggy Cabrera.

*in HR Derby, if you have a player on your team who has a lot of homers by july, have the Commissioners office send you "an email" to accept the players entrance into the derby or to decline. Risk being the player's power numbers decline post-all star break. In All-star game, have AI use all players as possible they dont deploy barely any bench players.

Additions: Add scenario mode of real games the previous MLB season where we change the course of the result or maintain it, Superstar type mode where you battle your way up the minors on your way to the Bigs. World Baseball Classic is in 09 and what better way than to have it in Franchise mode every four years in addition to having it seperate for other use.

Glitchs, Odd Things Okay, the freezing of the game needs to stop. Odd things include stats in which game is too one-sided the loud sound effects.

Getting this guys? Youll need to do all this for us to be impressed with a product you call a video game. More like a piece of trash with your previous installments.

Last edited by DOTGOTSHOT; 10-18-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2008, 10:12 PM   #132
MVP

MillardMavs's Arena

OVR: 24

I liked the MVP 05 franchise. Bring that back. I loved the stadium builder.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:26 PM   #133
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillardMavs
I liked the MVP 05 franchise. Bring that back. I loved the stadium builder.
I just wish they would bring back the MVP series. That would make things a lot easier.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:07 AM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 1

Overall I liked 2k8. I would like to see more minor league stadiums and classic stadiums. (Old Comiskey) The major thing though I would like added is co-op play. Having you buds playing with you on the same team would be cool. Dont all the other sports have this feature?
Old 10-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #135
Banned

OVR: 4

Smart crowd's, more realistic bat on ball sounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2008, 08:20 PM   #136
MVP

OVR: 8

I have been playing a lot of 2k7 lately. It has reminded me of the things I really loved about that game:

1) The player faces were much, much better.

2) The grass looked much better.

3) The fans went after homerun balls and foul balls.

I would also love to see some new presentation stuff. Keep it broadcast-like and forget all the weird angles.

Import the franchise system from elsewhere, perhaps the GM baseball game that is coming out if it is any good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »