Home

The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

This is a discussion on The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-19-2008, 09:18 PM   #137
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

If a player has played a ML game he should be in the game I dont mean a generic pic with the commentator saying the number. Geovany Soto should have been in this years game not a generic pic with his name beside it and the commentators saying number 18. You really need to get on the ball with the rosters cause what you have done the past few years just seems real lazy.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:39 AM   #138
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

I would like the ability to play any team's game in a season or franchise mode, not just the games of the team or teams you control.

We have this is Madden, NCAA Football, NBA 2k and College Hoops. Why not in baseball?

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 10-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #139
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34

One of the things that has annoyed me the most is that cameras are home/away instead of user/cpu. that means we have to change them back and forth all the time.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:51 PM   #140
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'd like a more dynamic coaching system. Rookie coaches need to be created out of randomly selected retired players. Then, rookie coaches would not only be able to "improve" like players, but be dynamic. For example, the same position player could find a job as a hitting coach, base running coach, or manager. Pitchers could be pitching coach or scout. This adds variety to the scouting system. Also, coaching "popularity" should be a factor added in; player popularity and fan popularity.

Also, I'd like a "Road to the Show" type deal. Basically, clone Sony's thing. Individual player play, etc.

MLB 2K7 features to be brought back:
Graphics
Cyberfaces
1st Person Baserunning
Old 10-22-2008, 12:36 AM   #141
MVP

OVR: 28

Where has the series gone wrong? Do the developers play the game they create?

If they want to see what is missing have the 2K guys pop in a copy of MLB The Show 08. Although that game is missing some of the bells and whistles 2K has in terms of create-a-player options, the core game, visuals and animations put 2K to shame.

I agree that 2K7 was fun. A few things that need fixing BEFORE the game is released:

1) Frame rate -- Nothing less than 60 FPS will do
2) Throw meters and pitching with the right thumb stick need to be ditched - go basic...I don't care how I throw the pitch or throw the ball as long as it is simple and has realistic results
3) Pre-game music is dull
4) Commentary has been dull....Sounds like Morgan and Miller were audio taped, not as if they are actually at the game they are calling
5) Active out of town scoreboards (this is in The Show)
6) Multiple fly-by views of each stadium (if raining, show the tarp on the field)
7) Ease up on the flapping jerseys (it was cool the first year but now it appears overdone)
8) Online play has to be lag free
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 02:32 AM   #142
Rookie

OVR: 1

Overall I liked the game it just took me awhile to get the settings down to where the game felt like it was right, but that really didnt bother me much. There are just some things that need to be added, and from what I read most people have already touched up on it.

1. When your guy hits a home run.. someone should be waiting at home plate to give him a congrats on the long ball.. The fans Home or away should be up out of there seats booing or saying Hell YES!
2. Get new announcers.. Go back to ASB I injoyed listening to those guys.
3. Add 40 man roster for sep. And also add the waivers.. You can still make trades after the all star break with waivers. You shouldnt be able to call up a minor league player every other day!
4. Go a little bit deeper in GM mode like MLB..For example where you put a price on beer/drinks, and food all that good stuff.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:16 AM   #143
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
Where has the series gone wrong?
The problem was "Kush Games", and they ruined 2K's hockey series as well. Thankfully VC has taken over, so there is hope for 2K9.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:53 PM   #144
Rookie

OVR: 4

It seems like I'm in the minority here, but please don't change the controls. I love them and I hate basic controls. Just continue to give people the option of thier basic controls. Maybe a slight tweak of the controls will be fine and get rid of the meat ball. I'm worried that they will be dumbed down too much for the kiddies.

I bought the PS3 just for the show and quickly got bored of it. I also have MVP 05 for the PC with the current 08 mod and I still play 2k8 instead just because it's so much funner.

Just fix the framerate issues and improve hitting online. Maybe lower the pitch speed? I know it's much easier to get walked in The Show online because you can see the ball path much easier. That way people can pitch all the balls they want.

So after keeping the controls good, work on the graphics. I have to play in overcast weather because it's easier on my eyes. Don't know if this is possible on a console game, but MVP 05 with the 08 mod running at 1920x1200 looks great. I feel like I have 20/20 vision, but 2k8 and the Show don't look as crisp to me.

Also I love the ball in MVP 05. First it just looks clear and I love how much more realistic it seems to act. I'm not sure what it is, but the ball feels real in MVP 05. I've seen it do crazy things like hit of the first base bag and take a bad hop that allowed me to reach first. It just seems to be affected by it's surroundings more than either console version. I wonder if maybe the console is not powerful enough to offer this. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, on the PC version the physics of the ball seem infinite vs the consoles where it seems there are limited things the ball can do.

Then work on the presentation and all that jazz that everybody else asks for. Yes the Show had loads of that, but in the end the pitching, fielding, and hitting lost my interest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »