Home

The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

This is a discussion on The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2008, 01:20 AM   #153
MVP

CWSpalehoseCWS's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
-Smarter more mature AI

-Longer games and cutscenes

-Scrap the New controls every year just keep it fun and simple

-2K7 graphics were better than 2k8 but I'd like to see better texture graphics.

-Better Stadiums with better lighting and interactive scoreboards and more fans have them be closer together instead of far apart

-New Player Rating system

-MLB on fox style presentation

-New stat overlays with commentary to match

-Crisper and determined animation, no unsure or questioning looking animations

-Realistic risk/reward option outside pitch to a righty should rarely be hit well, unless its a marquee player, and IN THESE TERMS it still should not happen all that much.
- Intend 2K9 for the Hardcore, simulation gamers and dont follow madden with the casual gamer. MLB: 08 THE Show did this and had great sucess

- Make the fans interact with the game like NBA 2k and their series

- Feel the difference between a June interleague game and a October rivalry

- Bring back the ability to argue with the manager or a player by a simple movement on the d-pad or a button press EXAMPLE : down = assertive conversation and Left = stern arguement

- HIT VARIETY, HIT VARIETY, HIT VARIETY need this back and bad

-Stolen Bases and attemps frequently from the theifs of the league

- Realistic Franchise, and stories, all its been is unrealistic rants and fights by top most respectful players in the league, and they will have perfect morales but rant 3 days straight
100% agree. Especially the ones I bolded.

Plus I'd love it bad pitchers actually were bad in the game, and good pitchers were good. I was so sick of Mike MacDougal and Boone Logan on the White Sox striking everyone out.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:57 AM   #154
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I would speak to the point a few people made about catering the game more towrad hardcore gamers. Baseball, almost unlike any other sport naturally draws more "simulation" minded fans. The game itself is not really a "casual" game. This should make it easy to focus on the hardcore aspects without fear of alienating the casual crowd. It's a far cry from what Madden, unfortunately, kind of has to be. Simple things like the goofy sound effects, the homerun innings, and meatballs being eliminated would be a big help off the bat (pun partially intended. STOP tweaking the controls!!! You do this every year. Controls are not the issue, especially now. You have plenty of good options there. The controls don't matter anyway if what you're attempting to control is not good. It's simply been a lack of focus that has been so d*mning to this game. You don't even have to do all of it from scratch. Look at 2K7's graphics and presentation and build from that....they were a good start. Again, LEAVE THE CONTROLS ALONE!!! I can't stress that enough...tune if you need to (like hit stick adjustment) but no need to scrap and redo ANYTHING. Now, you've got the minor stuff out of the way pretty quickly. You should have plenty of time to focus on the core gameplay and people should be satisfied.

Sorry if I was repetative of what others may have said, but I didn't read the whole thread again
Old 10-23-2008, 06:29 AM   #155
Banned

OVR: 31

I read through some of this thread and I find it amazing some guys praising MVP 2005. When I bought MLB 2k8 I thought that this was the exact same game as MVP 2005.

The same terrible menu interface.

Anyway I didn't think the game was that horrible so the one thing I want to chip in is this. Make the menu screens, where we check stats and the like either with an adjustable resolution setting or something so we don't have to scroll up and down and all around to check the batting averages of our 12-14 position players!!!!

Nothing drives me more crazy than seeing the stupid menu where you can't see but a few statistical categories and a few players.

That is my pet peeve with MLB 2k series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #156
Rookie

OVR: 1

1. Better frame rate so game is not so choppy
  2. When a rain out occurs after 5 innings it should save and go down as a win or a loss
  3. like in mlb the show there should be a game mode such as road to the show where you work your way up to the big leagues
  4. when creating a player use numbers so we can see how much we are increasing their skills by
  5. update rosters on the regular
  6. minor league rosters arent just for show put the actual players,names,and rankings for the real players that are in the minors on these teams
  7. more realistic player rankings
  8. better graphics
  9. Much better AI
  10. more realistic plays and movements
  11. go back to the old style of pitching
  12. revamp the audio cause it sucks
  13. when an infielder is wating on a ground ball it shouldnt just go through his legs this rarely happens at the major league level
  14. better crowd reaction
  15. on harder levels it should be hard but not turn into a home run derby
  16. better create a player
  17. authentic player equiptment such as correct color bats and gloves ect...
  18. also when you hit the ball back at the pitcher and it hits off of his body first off theres no way a short stop should be able to throw the runner going to first out if the ball trickles a bit past the mound and if the ss is playing in his normal position. Also if the ball hits off the pitcher it should not fly 10 feet into the air and be able for another fielder to make a play on it espically if it hits the pitcher in the lower back.
  19. refine the diving and climbing the wall as well
  20. Most important its a term in baseball and should be used to make this game dont try to do to much!!! dont spread yourself thin by trying to add new features you need to really refine the game first then you can worry about creating new features.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:23 PM   #157
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
I read through some of this thread and I find it amazing some guys praising MVP 2005. When I bought MLB 2k8 I thought that this was the exact same game as MVP 2005.

The same terrible menu interface.

Anyway I didn't think the game was that horrible so the one thing I want to chip in is this. Make the menu screens, where we check stats and the like either with an adjustable resolution setting or something so we don't have to scroll up and down and all around to check the batting averages of our 12-14 position players!!!!

Nothing drives me more crazy than seeing the stupid menu where you can't see but a few statistical categories and a few players.

That is my pet peeve with MLB 2k series.
MVP 2005 is tons better than 2K8...
Old 10-25-2008, 05:31 PM   #158
Rookie

Brave22's Arena

Superstar Mode would bring this game right back....and then they can work on a more developed Franchise Mode for 2k10....just take everything you are going to have in the new Front Office game and put that into the development of the Franchise system...

Anyways, SM would be epic because there are a lot of people who have purchased a PS3 just to get MLB's Road to the Show version to play....

This can not be understated by any means...we get to go in depth with a created player and control every aspect of his play..****n drills on a high school field....negotiate signing bonuses and get drafted by a team out of high school or college....play your way from day 1 through the minors and into the bigs....I'd be a great selling tool for current 2k players and many new ones as well...would also steal fans from Sony...think about it 2k...

Its every little boy's dream of one day playing in a World Series...and YOU can make that happen....

2k presents MLB2k9 with the all new Rookie to Legend Mode (for lack of a better name)...take your player from the depths of the minors up to the majors, compete and win a World Series and many other achievements, and into the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.
--If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more of it to get started then anyways now do you? --
Old 10-25-2008, 07:17 PM   #159
Rookie

I hope 2k is really listening.

1) fix the BUGS. Here are just a few off the top of my head.
- players coming off the injured reserve (you try to manually adjust the lineup, but they aren't available until you demote and then promote them)
- rainouts
- 1b-man fielding the ball and tossing to a covering pitcher who isn't standing on the base
- statistical leaderboard for minor leagues teams is completed wacked
- fix the freeze-up issues in the game. VERY annoying.
- When pitching, with runners on 1st and 3rd, if you toss a ball to 1st base the runner on third scores and you can't doing anything about it because the game won't let you throw home.
- If you sim the AI games one at a time in the playoffs or WS, it messes up their pitching rotations and the same pitcher ends up pitching the next game as well. (not a deal breaker, but should be fixed)

2) fix ANNOYANCES, like these:
- when batting, and with multiple baserunners, you can't individually control their leadoffs.
- In "manage sim game" mode, there's no way to warm up a pitcher or sit them down while batting, so they end up wasting away between innings or not being ready when you need them.
- why can't we see game stats from old games, or from other teams' games? How much 360 memory is really needed for something like that? C'mon!
- Improve the speed of the "save game/franchise" function. Why on earth do we have to click on "ok" in the middle of saving (when it tells us that 2kbeats or something is being saved to the harddrive). It's not like we have an option to NOT save at that point.
- while ordering a hotdog at the concession stand, the fat pixelated guy in the green shirt makes a better door than a window.

3) Improve the batting interface. It sucks. (Pitching interface is good, although I liked 2k7's also). There's absolutely no "feel' to hitting in this game with regard to the traditional "button" control method. After playing two full seasons, I still don't fully understand the "seeing eye," since whenever I target the pitch exactly, it seems to have very little effect on how I hit the ball. And I've always hated the thumbstick control scheme, which is simply a timing gimmick. Why can't you provide what so many of us want, and that is a more tradtional method (zone?) using a thumbstick to actually target the pitch and a button (or trigger) to swing? Or if you MUST go with a thumbstick swinging mechanism, how about making it a little easier and doing away with the weight shift (let the game manage that) and make it so you just push up to swing -- the quicker you push up, the harder the swing, and the more difficult it would be to checkswing. This would allow the player to sort of choke up on the bat when down in the count and battle a little better. And in this scenario, I'd still like to see the other thumbstick used to pick the spot of the pitch (even if it's just general "zone" quadrants).

That is all.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #160
Rookie

OVR: 1

you guys should make the graphics like 2k7
1)better graphics
2)MAKE THE FRANCHISE LIKE MVP BASEBALL 2005
3)FIX THE ONLINE PLAY BECAUSE IT WAS HORRIBLE
4)MAKE A BETTER FRANCHISE LIKE MVP BASEBALLL
5)IF U PLAY ON LEGENDARY DA OTHER TEAMS SHOULDNT ALWAYS BE MAKING HOMERUNS ON ANY PITCH LIKE REALLY LOW OR REALLY OUTSIDE.
6)MAKE CROWD MORE REALISTIC

PLEASE SEND MESSAGE BACK

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »