Home

The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

This is a discussion on The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-29-2008, 11:09 AM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

I would like to see the addition of past seasons and the option to choose the announcer like several of the PC baseball games had several years ago. If you prefered Al Micheals you could choose him or Vin Scully or Mel Allen, of course 2k9 wouold offer other announcers. Also, you could choose any season from the past, not just a few teams from the past, but all the teams from the past. I believe these teams went all the way back to 1901. The game Baseball Mogul that is available on the PC offers all these teams, but it is only a sim game.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #170
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbray64
I would like to see the addition of past seasons and the option to choose the announcer like several of the PC baseball games had several years ago. If you prefered Al Micheals you could choose him or Vin Scully or Mel Allen, of course 2k9 wouold offer other announcers. Also, you could choose any season from the past, not just a few teams from the past, but all the teams from the past. I believe these teams went all the way back to 1901. The game Baseball Mogul that is available on the PC offers all these teams, but it is only a sim game.

Great post dbray, I would love a choice of any year in the history of the greatest sport ever invented! ( Field of Dreams)...

Under ideal conditions this would be a great offering! The reality is there's not enough man hours or space to include all your great ideas...

Maybe a more practical approach would be to offer a game that offers "The Best Players of each Franchise", could be doable...

I like your idea best but I would be happy to settle for "The Best Players of each Franchise" idea...

Scooter...

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran
Old 10-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #171
Rookie

I guess your correct Scooter3, it would take up an enormous amount of hard drive space. My thought was, If they would offer years with those teams on a point system as they do now like uniforms and such it may be possible. Then a person could download seasons and delete seasons after they played them for a while. I would love to be able to replay old seasons. They offer the old throwback uniforms now, I thought it would be cool to offer the teams with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2008, 11:34 PM   #172
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15
Wink Re: The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbray64
I guess your correct Scooter3, it would take up an enormous amount of hard drive space. My thought was, If they would offer years with those teams on a point system as they do now like uniforms and such it may be possible. Then a person could download seasons and delete seasons after they played them for a while. I would love to be able to replay old seasons. They offer the old throwback uniforms now, I thought it would be cool to offer the teams with it.

dbray,
I would love to be able to play seasons from baseball history...

I would be willing to fork out more money for a second Classic DVD that would include all the retro uniforms and classic parks and legendary players from each franchise (from the 30's 40's 50's 60's etc)......

I can't download so I would appreciate not being disenfranchised...

Scooter...

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran

Last edited by Scooter3; 10-31-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #173
Rookie

Great thought Scooter3. The PC version of Hardball did something similar to that. A person could order additional Stadiums and seasons if they wanted. It can be done 2K sports. lol
Old 11-02-2008, 03:33 AM   #174
Rookie

OVR: 1

- Graphics need to be more realistic
- More realistic gameplay (a streaky player is streaky during franchise mode, speedsters beat out infield hits, vlad is not hitting 450ft homers when the ball thrown extremely wide)
- A, AA & AAA actual rosters
- Updated picture cards for all players
- Use as many alternate uniforms as possible (red sox st. patty uniforms etc)
- Be able to load saved rosters during franchise mode
- There is more than one trade deadline in the regular season. Should update franchise mode with non-wavier trade deadline, wavier trade deadline and 40 man roster after Sept. 1st.
- Mostly hardcore baseball fans are buying this game so making it as realistic as possible is key
- Events below should be used in franchise mode: Nov. 3-6, 2008 General Managers Meetings, Dana Point, Calif.

Dec. 1, 2008
Last date for former club to offer salary arbitration to ranked free agents in order to be eligible for compensation.
Dec. 7, 2008 Last date for player who declared free agency to accept an arbitration offer from former club.
Dec. 8-11, 2008 Winter Meetings, Las Vegas

Dec. 12, 2008 Last date to tender contracts for 2009
- More signature stances/wind ups
- Interactive Scoreboard
- Choice of commentators
- Actual 1st & 3rd base coaches, coaching the bases
- Do away with 7th inning win probability
Old 11-02-2008, 03:34 AM   #175
Rookie

OVR: 1

I also saw this post and completely agree with it

-Smarter more mature AI

-Longer games and cutscenes

-Scrap the New controls every year just keep it fun and simple

-2K7 graphics were better than 2k8 but I'd like to see better texture graphics.

-Better Stadiums with better lighting and interactive scoreboards and more fans have them be closer together instead of far apart

-New Player Rating system

-MLB on fox style presentation

-New stat overlays with commentary to match

-Crisper and determined animation, no unsure or questioning looking animations

-Realistic risk/reward option outside pitch to a righty should rarely be hit well, unless its a marquee player, and IN THESE TERMS it still should not happen all that much.
- Intend 2K9 for the Hardcore, simulation gamers and dont follow madden with the casual gamer. MLB: 08 THE Show did this and had great sucess

- Make the fans interact with the game like NBA 2k and their series

- Feel the difference between a June interleague game and a October rivalry

- Bring back the ability to argue with the manager or a player by a simple movement on the d-pad or a button press EXAMPLE : down = assertive conversation and Left = stern arguement

- HIT VARIETY, HIT VARIETY, HIT VARIETY need this back and bad

-Stolen Bases and attemps frequently from the theifs of the league

- Realistic Franchise, and stories, all its been is unrealistic rants and fights by top most respectful players in the league, and they will have perfect morales but rant 3 days straight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2008, 05:33 AM   #176
Pro

OVR: 12

Let's be realistic here, you really think these jerks are actually going to change all these things by the time the game releases? They're probably almost done with 2k9 and will just add some sugar coating to get everyone to buy their latest debacle of a Baseball game. We have a better shot at the Show coming to the 360 before they fix all these issues that affect us from playing this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »