Home

The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

This is a discussion on The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-02-2008, 03:25 PM   #177
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1182
Let's be realistic here, you really think these jerks are actually going to change all these things by the time the game releases? They're probably almost done with 2k9 and will just add some sugar coating to get everyone to buy their latest debacle of a Baseball game. We have a better shot at the Show coming to the 360 before they fix all these issues that affect us from playing this game.
yeah, with a March release the majority of the game itself is done. They are likely in the bug-testing phase now.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:14 PM   #178
I <3 My Jordycakes

Padgoi's Arena

OVR: 0

Seeing as this is the only game for us 360 Baseball simheads, I hope this year's iteration actually offers something other than a coaster.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:25 PM   #179
Rookie

OVR: 4

High Heat Baseball was the best.

You had more control. Better stat entry.

rjmf
Old 11-03-2008, 09:18 AM   #180
Rookie

OVR: 8

They should include the ability to tranfers the franchise from the previous year's game to the current one. If I recall, High Heat did give you that option. You could import the prvious year's franchise save and continue it. Just settle on one set of attributes and data saves for rosters and franchises so we can continue our franchises already. I mean how much more new attributes can they come up with that would noticeably affect the gameplay? This goes for all sports games and all sports game companies
Old 11-03-2008, 12:00 PM   #181
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1182
Let's be realistic here, you really think these jerks are actually going to change all these things by the time the game releases? They're probably almost done with 2k9 and will just add some sugar coating to get everyone to buy their latest debacle of a Baseball game. We have a better shot at the Show coming to the 360 before they fix all these issues that affect us from playing this game.
Unfortunately, I agree.

There is nothing out there to make me believe that 2k9 will be nothing more than a roster update. Zero community involvement and switching developers are the ingredients for a really bad game. It's a shame, IMO 2k8 had promise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2008, 12:04 PM   #182
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

i am about to finish my season with the rays entering the world series. i was unable to play this for most of the season because it just played a weird game of baseball. i tried dansf sliders and this game became one of my favorite of all time. it still lags behind others in key areas but it does a lot of stuff well.

the areas i want to see fixed or tweaked are:

1) pick off moves. my VIP says i always go for the safe pick off move and never aggressive. for the life of me, i cannot find in the manual or figure out on my own how to pick off aggressively. either fix it if we can't or let us know how to do it right more clearly.

2) less meatballs. one of the most frustrating things is bumping the right analog while pitching and watching a pitch go for a home run. sometimes it is my fault, but other times it just happens.

3) use slider sets like dansf as a base for setting the simulation mode for the hard core. give us the option to choose that like past 2k baseball games had in the difficulty options. it may just be me, but i believe people who play baseball video games tend to be more sim oriented than video football game players.

4) when a player comes off the DL there are times i cannot find how to put him back in the lineup unless i allow the cpu to do it. then i have to move them around. i have had cliff floyd placed at second when akimora was on the DL.

5) cut down the ease of the HR robbing catches. they seem to happen almost every time they try. even if it was changed to 50/50 it would be great.

6) this is probably impossible, but the occasional bad hop would be great. maybe when the ball hits the infield edge it can bounce higher. i know people will complain about bad ball physics but after watching the playoffs and world series bad hops are a reality in baseball.

the closest thing to it happened to me the other day. i had a line drive shot ricochet off a lunging longorias mitt at a 90% angle. it went towards second base so my 2nd baseman had to field it. barrett was also diving so he couldn't field it. it allowed all the runners to be safe and was sooooo cool even though i was on defense.

Last edited by Radja; 11-03-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:12 PM   #183
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34

A must for me is that cameras can be set User/CPU and not just HOME/AWAY. H/A changes, but U/C doesn't.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:02 PM   #184
Rookie

Brave22's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie
Unfortunately, I agree.

There is nothing out there to make me believe that 2k9 will be nothing more than a roster update. Zero community involvement and switching developers are the ingredients for a really bad game. It's a shame, IMO 2k8 had promise.
Yeah, unfortunately this seems true...but hey, we can always turn to Front Office Manager...even though you can't play the games at least they have the realism down pat on the Franchise mode...or they say they're going to when its released...

They just need to take their core from that game and tailor it to the hardcore baseball gamer and add it to be on field playable AND add a career mode.
--If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more of it to get started then anyways now do you? --

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »