Home

The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

This is a discussion on The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-15-2009, 07:57 AM   #329
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but here goes. Well there appears to be improvements made to this franchise and I have seen them and kudos to the devs. There is a big problem in its overall appearence. Its all the tacky ads placed all over the place for Pepsi and Allstate. One would think plunking down 60 + bones, that we wouldn't be subjected to sooooo many ads. REALLY. . . it takes away from the game.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #330
Pro

OVR: 8

I agree about the ads being pretty lame. I have a friend living in Chicago (who will pick the Cubs of course) who is going to be playing this baseball game for the first time ever. Not only is he going to be subject to a big (huge!) fake billboard in Wrigley, but it's a State Farm one, a company he hates being they're both from Bloomington, IL and has had less than friendly dealings with.

So long as an ad actually exists, I don't mind an alike ad in it's place in the video game. But a gigantic fictional billboard outside Wrigley? No way.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:37 PM   #331
Rookie

OVR: 1

The online really needs to be better-less lag. I wish there was some kind of career mode like The Show. If this game isn't good, ill probably get a ps3 when the price drops so i can get The Show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #332
Banned

OVR: 10

2k5 football is what all sports game should follow after as far as presentation and immersion. So my question to the developers is, in franchise mode, can we get a studio commentary team that can analysis and talk about the game and whats happening around the league? Is the animation to complex to do at this time, because i havent seen any sports game do this on next-gen?
Old 02-15-2009, 11:12 PM   #333
Rookie

sonnyleesmith's Arena

OVR: 2

Aside from the helmets looking inflatable, I noticed the Reds numbers were low on their jerseys. It should be directly accross the wishbone C on the chest. I hope to God they fix this because that is super annoying.

I'm So Awkward!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #334
Pro

OVR: 11
Icon8 Re: The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

You guys have to be kidding me can we see a citi field video wit the mets they have a new ball park and i cant believe they dont have a video of the mets in there new ballpark
Old 02-16-2009, 05:07 PM   #335
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20

Strides, strides, strides, (all I can say)

I am a MLB: The Show fanboy, but I must say that MLB 2K9 has done an unbelievable job of stepping it up this year! Kudos 2K!!!
First of all, I absolutely LOVE the announcing crew of Gary Thorne & Steve Phillips up in booth...amazing choice of personel!!! I can seriously close my eyes and believe I am listening to an actual ESPN broadcast...I am just hoping the commentary doesn't get replayed over and over
I love the presentation...the in-game cut scenes to the dugouts, first base-runners, pitchers, batters, etc, etc are very intriguing!!
I heard there are customizable camera angles (AWESOME feature)...but the camera behind the pitcher looks real-life to me and that's what I want in a baseball sim.

All in all, I just wanted to give a big "kudos" to 2K for the big STEP-UP from last years game...being an MLB: The Show fanboy I just wanted to express my excitement for both of this years game! I can't wait for both releases!!!
  • MLB The Show '20 - PS5
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 10:10 AM   #336
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakesalee
Please give me an option to use the former 2k batting controls I now can't seem to live without:

Left stick for zone hitting, A button for contact, B button for power swing.

If I use the current "zone hitting" controls, how without a power swing option am I going to get a sacrifice fly? Or desperate for a home run, how am I supposed to tell my batter to "go for it?"

By being selective. If you're batting with Griffery for example, his wheel house is down and in. If your swinging at pitches up and away u mite not be able to go for it. But if u work the count (which we heard is possible if ur patient). You can hit get under one when it comes into his hot zone.....You know like real baseball?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »