Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Game of the Year 2021: Forza Horizon 5
Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back
Best Franchise Mode in 2021: NBA 2K22
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #801
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Atlanta
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Never Mind...Back to impressions!
Glenn33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #802
Banned
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Dec 2008
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

I'm seeing realistic called strikes at this point and lots of them. It's all connected to how you pitch. The pitching interface is very close to greatness. I'd like to be able to take something off a pitch and fool batter that way which im not sure if i can at this point, but it's working really well if you really try to paint the corners.
kGinGreen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #803
Pro
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

My impression of the game is that it isn't fun. I found myself only 3 innings into it thinking how long could I hold out on not playing some multiplayer Ghost Recon.

Pitching is a chore, batting almost as bad, graphics look like 2k3 set in "HD," camera doesn't follow ball.

There were some nice touches - crowd seemed pretty next-gen as they weren't just zombies of the past. Fluff is just fluff though when a game isn't fun to play.
bakesalee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #804
Banned
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Living Legend
Though i love the demo, nothing has wowed me in sports games at all, maybe the graphics on the show but that it the graphics.

It stinks that it takes to long to develop games and also it stinks that VC is finally working on the game cause they have the resources now.

Here is what really worries me is the fact that we are on what year 4 of the 360 and hadnt had a decent baseball game or even football, hockey yes finally. What worries me is that the new systems are coming out soon which means back to square 1 soon that blows. And games havent even used the tru power of the 360 i think the sports gaming is in serious trouble and i wish there was a way to fix it but there is not. The economy, what fans demand vs profit vs politics, it's all relevant since the 360. Shame really.
New systems coming out soon? Wherever you get your info...

2012 by most estimates, the new systems have longer life spans as adoption rates are not near as fast as the old ps2 gen, imagine how far PC will be ahead by then?
MastorofPuppetz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #805
Banned
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakesalee
My impression of the game is that it isn't fun. I found myself only 3 innings into it thinking how long could I hold out on not playing some multiplayer Ghost Recon.

Pitching is a chore, batting almost as bad, graphics look like 2k3 set in "HD," camera doesn't follow ball.

There were some nice touches - crowd seemed pretty next-gen as they weren't just zombies of the past. Fluff is just fluff though when a game isn't fun to play.
Pitchign a chore? Most find it to easy, lol.
MastorofPuppetz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #806
Rookie
 
The Living Legend's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 228
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kGinGreen
I'm seeing realistic called strikes at this point and lots of them. It's all connected to how you pitch. The pitching interface is very close to greatness. I'd like to be able to take something off a pitch and fool batter that way which im not sure if i can at this point, but it's working really well if you really try to paint the corners.
Your defintly right i love the pitching mechanics in this game, someone said that you dont have to do both motions to pitch you only have to hold the first part and just let go. You can do that but you will not have the velocity or the break on it, you might get lucky but the computer will smack the crap out of it and i tested it a couple of times.

Also i probably will go back to the 2k8 version seems a little to easy for me but i think if i can adjust how fast it goes then that might be a different story. I like the hitting to might love the cursor though since i loved it in 2k3. After this pitching mechanic was implemented i can never go back to button pressing, just cant.
__________________
Good Artists Copy, Great Artists Steal - Picasso
The Living Legend is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #807
Banned
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Jul 2004
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastorofPuppetz
Pitchign a chore? Most find it to easy, lol.
Easy is simply the opposite of difficult. Chore means it feels like work, and there are easy chores and difficult chores. Two different things. I personally find twirling a stick every pitch to be a chore. That's regardless of the difficulty setting.
baa7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #808
Rookie
 
The Living Legend's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 228
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastorofPuppetz
New systems coming out soon? Wherever you get your info...

2012 by most estimates, the new systems have longer life spans as adoption rates are not near as fast as the old ps2 gen, imagine how far PC will be ahead by then?
Dont be surprise if you see the new xbox come out before that.
__________________
Good Artists Copy, Great Artists Steal - Picasso
The Living Legend is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 AM.

Top -