Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 03-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #857
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by therockstar2005
What you do is hold the first motion until the yellow circle expands to fill up the whole circle/close to it, then you do the second motion.
You may think im an idiot but i didnt even see the yellow circle expand, I just saw the circle, but it would shrink. Weird. Ill try again.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #858
MVP

OVR: 13

I'm going to post more thoughtful impressions later. But I have to say, I like it. It's a better game than MLB 2K8 and there is some GREAT stuff in here.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #859
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zag
I think it's a horrible game. Maybe my expectations are set too high, but for $60, we should all expect a game to get better. In my opinion, 2K has not. I had more fun playing 2K8.

Hopefully anyone on the fence will read this and rent instead of buy this game. It's not worth it.

4/10
Good post, and I am literally on the fence right now. As in, I'm at work, and am SO tempted to go to Target and drop $60 on it over my lunch break b/c I wanted a serviceable 360 baseball game so badly. But the vast majority of everything I read tells me that this is not that game.

Playing the demo might not have changed your mind. The frustrating thing is that unlike 2k8, the REAL problems with this game don't necessarily show up in the 2k9 demo. I played several 3 inning games, and didn't come across the 1B tag thing, or the outfielder running through walls thing, but they're obviously there. Also, there's no way to test out the franchise to see how bad those glitches are.

So, I'm stuck with a 2k baseball game that does so many things right (features, better controls, living roster, etc.) but I know that it's basically broken right now. Yet, I had fun with the demo. Ah, what to do, what to do...
Old 03-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #860
MVP

OVR: 34

How many people have been seriously tempted to buy a PS3, just to have a blue ray player, and play MLB The Show, along with maybe 2 or 3 other games?

I almost did that last year.

I did enjoy the game though, and I look forward to playing it again when I get home some more.

I figured out pitching somehwat, and how to avoid having the CPU hit rocket shots all over the field., by using the IE report.

It's useless in getting the CPU to actually work the count, but you can at least have a chance of not having the CPU be right on top of every pitch you throw.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:22 PM   #861
Rookie

OVR: 2

I like it better than 2K8. In fact, I'm having lots of fun. Is it the perfect baseball game? No, but it's fun, and I'm glad FYE had plenty of copies last night. 7/10 so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #862
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Okay now hold up.

Can anyone elaborate on the time of day progression? Day games obviously progress (looks like it does every half inning, which is kind of weird), as I saw in the demo. Unfortunately I also noticed that it becomes night by the ninth inning in Steve's videos. Is this still the case?

Also, when you play night games does it progress to night, or does it start at night? Because I'm watching videos on YouTube and seeing pitch black night starts.

Thanks.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #863
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

And wow... I just saw that first baseman thing for the first time. That was pitiful.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #864
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Okay now hold up.

Can anyone elaborate on the time of day progression? Day games obviously progress (looks like it does every half inning, which is kind of weird), as I saw in the demo. Unfortunately I also noticed that it becomes night by the ninth inning in Steve's videos. Is this still the case?

Also, when you play night games does it progress to night, or does it start at night? Because I'm watching videos on YouTube and seeing pitch black night starts.

Thanks.
Day games go from full sunny to afternoon where there's shadows creeping in.

Afternoon will start with shadows on the field, they will creep across and then the game will turn into night. Like 3 stages of night.

Night is just night.

Looks really good in action.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »