Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-04-2009, 07:39 PM   #889
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Ok I'm now through my 2nd game on the PC, and I've seen some serious issues

- going for the 3-6-3 DP, first baseman makes the throw to the shortstop to get the force at 2nd, goes to first to cover and ignores the throw back...ball goes to the dugout, instead of three outs and no runs it begins a 7 run inning

- I've seen several instances of hesitation by my players...mostly in situations where a tag should be applied and the player just stands there for a minute instead of tagging the runner.Basically, in terms of fielding the game doesn't feature a very high Baseball IQ...players just don't react, period

-2 games in,...one time something happens it's anomaly, twice in two games spells BUG....players injured while being nowhere near the play....completely phantom injuries, with no injury slider to tweak...you can either have injuries on and have the injuries that come out of nothing or injuries off and no realism....2k needs to patch this ASAP.....this is a potential huge issue
Old 03-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #890
Banned

OVR: 47

What does the First base guy do? I haven't seen that yet? Does any body have a video for it. I rented this game.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #891
MVP

OVR: 34

Just finished my 2nd full game, Mets (me) vs Yankees.

I lost 5-4. It was a good game and I'm starting to figure some things out.

As far as pitching. I'm just playing the percentages. We all know that they arent going to take a lot of pitches, so I figure the best chance I have to keep them from hitting rockets all over the place. is to pitch to the scouting report.

I was very prudent who I throw the fastball to, and where. Many times, I'd throw it out of the zone, and sometimes they will chase depending on their scouting report.

Ive played 2 games in a row and the yankee lineup seems pretty tough to get out.

Santana went 6.1 giving up 11 hits, striking out 3 and giving up 1 homer to matsui.

He left the game in a 4-4 tie. All of my runs against Sabathia were off of solo homers by Wright, Beltran, Delgado, and Murphy (slightly disturbing, I hope that isnt going to shape up to be a trend.)

I have yet to see the 1st baseman do anything weird, but I saw Dan Murphy perform a act of butchery by running right over a liner.

I dont know if this an outfielder problem, because I'm able to control beltran and church fine, or due to the fact the Murphy is a butcher.

Anyway, 4-4 game, I put in duanar sanchez in the 7th after santana allows a single, after he recorded the 1st out.

He gets a fly ball and then I get a strike out.

Next inning is uneventful.

Yanks come up, and Sanchez promply serves up a cannon shot to Texiera to give the yanks a 5-4 lead.

I then proceed to load up the bases in between getting a couple of outs.

I bring in Putz, and he gets a K to get me out of there.

The game ends in the 9th with me unable to touch Rivera at all.

This game, has a strong heartbeat underneath the quirks. It's quite fun, and I find it growing on me some.

With some fine tuning (hopefully we get a 2nd patch) this game could be very, very good. If this game had a little more polish before release, I think it could have given "The Show" a run for its money.

Im on my 3rd game now, against the Cubs..I'll share the details when done
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #892
Rookie

MaricopaMetFan's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccomicfan
51 runs against my pitchers in two games...yeah I would say I'm having issues
Who's in your rotation? Sounds about right if it's Aaron Heilman, Freddy Garcia and Jose Lima!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:28 PM   #893
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Im on my 3rd game now, against the Cubs..I'll share the details when done
what difficulty are you playing on? Sorry didn't wnat to quote that whole thing just to type this lol.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #894
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

Quick question:

How do you activate cursor hitting?

And, it's simply just try to get the cursor to hit the ball as it crosses the plate? Or is there more to it?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:31 PM   #895
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

not a bad start with my first game with the full retail version. First 3 pitches...all taken.. 2 of them strikes. haha, i'm sure i won't see any for a while now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #896
Rookie

OVR: 2

I like the so far but what is wrong with the outfielders. i will be right under the ball and he will miss it and the runner will get a triple or worse. Will this be fixed, i thought i would ask here i always get the best anwsers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »