Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2009, 12:13 AM   #905
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Now if there is any review that I respect it's this one. I know your history realm so if you are saying all of this, I know those low review scores and crazy complaints are way off. Nice review.
Thanks man, yeah the game has its issues but I'm very muchly enjoying it this year so far. To be honest I think had 2k8 not had the framerate issues it did I would have enjoyed it as well. I'm sure the bugs like the 1st baseman foot off the bag issue will be addressed, really the only issue I've come across that does actually bother me is no longer being able to do take out slides as there appears to be zero collision detection this year between players. I'm not sure if this was done to help the framerate or they perhaps didn't get it in and working properly but really, if thats my biggest issue I can deal. The game has fantastic presentation, with the right sliders plays a decent game of baseball and above all is fun to play for me, and really thats all that matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2009, 12:27 AM   #906
MVP

OVR: 34

Johan Santana dominance!!

Well, kind of. 7 innings pitched, 6 hits, 4 k's, 2 ER's vs the cubbies
Old 03-05-2009, 01:27 AM   #907
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Guys, I am sorry. I really tried hard to like this game. I played 3 games. Lost all 3 by at least 5 runs. I was the Mets with Santana on the hill, I gave up 14 hits in 5 innings. 6 were homeruns. I was painting the corners and they cpu was still crushing it. I tried lowering the AI hitting and contact, it didn't help. I also couldn't hit for crap. No home runs in the 3 games.

In the 3 games I played. The first base glitch happened 3 times in each game.

Let me just say that I think this game has a solid core. With some tuning and a few bug fixes it could be great.

I just don't have the patience for this to happen. I have to have a baseball game that I enjoy. So I got a PS3 and the Show.

I really hope the game gets patched soon so the xbox only crowd has a great baseball game to play this year.
You have to throw garbage pitches and you have to throw decent pitches. It takes time. Be willing to throw balls. Or you could throw $500 at it. Thats your choice.

Does anyone else really like the new stealing. Takes some adjusting, but it's got a little thrill to it.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:28 AM   #908
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Thanks man, yeah the game has its issues but I'm very muchly enjoying it this year so far. To be honest I think had 2k8 not had the framerate issues it did I would have enjoyed it as well. I'm sure the bugs like the 1st baseman foot off the bag issue will be addressed, really the only issue I've come across that does actually bother me is no longer being able to do take out slides as there appears to be zero collision detection this year between players. I'm not sure if this was done to help the framerate or they perhaps didn't get it in and working properly but really, if thats my biggest issue I can deal. The game has fantastic presentation, with the right sliders plays a decent game of baseball and above all is fun to play for me, and really thats all that matters.
I thought people were seeing some hints of take out slides. At least instances where the SS/2B was holding onto the ball.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:47 AM   #909
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

On day one I didn't see some of the issues that people mentioned but last night it was a different story. These are my major concerns.

- 1st basemen with foot off the bag multiple times. Usually in critical situations.

- Entirely too many bobbles/errors for my taste

- A guy tries to steal home on me. I run my catcher down the 3rd baseline and the runner goes right through him to score. No collision, no tag, no nothing.

I really like this game but 2K is gonna have to patch some stuff up.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:58 AM   #910
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Guys, I am sorry. I really tried hard to like this game. I played 3 games. Lost all 3 by at least 5 runs. I was the Mets with Santana on the hill, I gave up 14 hits in 5 innings. 6 were homeruns. I was painting the corners and they cpu was still crushing it. I tried lowering the AI hitting and contact, it didn't help. I also couldn't hit for crap. No home runs in the 3 games.

In the 3 games I played. The first base glitch happened 3 times in each game.

Let me just say that I think this game has a solid core. With some tuning and a few bug fixes it could be great.

I just don't have the patience for this to happen. I have to have a baseball game that I enjoy. So I got a PS3 and the Show.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:25 AM   #911
Rookie

OVR: 1

My honest impression:

Worst sports game I have ever played.

I'm all done with 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2009, 07:34 AM   #912
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Thank God they brugn back back cursor hitting. this in my opinion is the best hitting system to use in the game.

You get nice hit variety and it just feels right. If they can just remove that big gigantic magic marker highliter around it and make some of the bat translucent that would be great.

I do not like the game called by the catchers. IE cleary lists the weaknesses of the hitters but my catcher does not seem to call the right calls to make me pitch to their weaknesses. However I am using Roman Castro and I am not sure what his game calling rating is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »