Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #1001
Banned

OVR: 23
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

I never said the game was perfect. It has bugs. The problem I have with that, is a lot of people made this out to be a terrible game compared to the show and only focuses on the negatives with this game. When in reality both games are comparable. The only reason this makes me upset is i nearly spent $500 that i didnt need to when all this game needed was some sliders and a patch to make it very enjoyable. My problem there is his version of truth is biased and very one sided. It's not the truth that's the thing. He is wearing goggles. I played the show and it's a terrific game, but there is no way that game is a 9.5 and this game is the worst baseball game ever. They are actually very comparable. The thing is teh show has things going for it and is a more polished product as far as graphics and gameplay. But this game also has strengths as far as control, fun factor, inside edge and the mlb.com inclusion. It also has smoother and better online play so far. Those are big things. To say the show trounces all over this game and this game is a pile of crap is not true.

Last edited by kGinGreen; 03-09-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2009, 10:59 PM   #1002
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

I agree. Most of us are starting to come around on this game. Is it perfect? No. Is it great? Probably not. However, it is a good, solid game of baseball. When/if the patch for it is released (hopefully when!!!) you tell me where the flaws for this game are.

No really, think about it! Once this is patched, it's pretty much set in stone that it's going to be a solid game of baseball. Of course it's not as good as the "other game", but when you think about it, it really comes a lot closer than one thinks. It only gets a bad rap because it's made by 2K. The only reason we can bag on 2K is if they don't release a second patch. If they do, it's all good!
Old 03-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #1003
Banned

OVR: 23

It is close to the show thats the thing. The problem is these people like the show better, so they then trounce on the other game. The did it with the nba games. The thing is this is just as good a baseball game as nba 2k9 was a basketball game. NBA 2k9 got a 9 and had a lot of bugs, needed sliders out of the box, and framerate issues. IT was the same thing. It was just the most complete game on the market so the followers heralded it and trounced the other game. If you played both games extensively and are unbiased you'd know that live was very good this year. Thats exactly what is happening here. People are biased jackasses. If the show didn't exist these same people who be giving this game 8's and 9's.

This game is probably a 7.5 right now, but could be an 8.5 if they fix all the nuisance stuff. The show is a 9 right now. I dont see how you can bash this game and nitpick every little detail and give the show a 9.5 when online play is completely broken right now. That's a double standard. They said themselves they couldn't review this game assuming a patch would fix these bugs, but they give the show a 9.5 when online play is unplayable? The show if they fix online is a 9.5. This game if they patch it is an 8.5. The problem is people are biased and the show is the better game this year, so this game ends up getting trashed. Teh same happened with Live. It got a 7 here when both basketball games when it was all said and done were probably an 8.5 and an 8 respectively. This when its all said and done will be an 8.5 just like nba 2k9 and the show will be a 9.5. Yeah its better but it's not $500 better. That's the truth from someone who researched the both games and played them unbiased.

The reality is both games have the potential to be very good this year. The Show is great. MLB 2k9 more realistically is a year away from ironing out a lot of issues, but come next year this game will be hitting its stride where the show might be levelling off. Both are great franchises imo, and you cant go wrong either way. MLB 2k9 might be a year behind the curve but its still very good.

Last edited by kGinGreen; 03-09-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:11 PM   #1004
VGH
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well I would just like to say this game is one of the best baseball games I have ever played.

"Great Gameplay, Great Graphics, We Are Truly Feeling The Heat"
-Quote by videogameheat.com

Last edited by VGH; 03-09-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #1005
VGH
Rookie

OVR: 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT3ahZVFJ8w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2009, 03:40 AM   #1006
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccomicfan
I'm stunned and quite frankly, a little alarmed at how many of the posters here are willing to to glaze over the fundamental problems with this title. I've had title for 6 days now, and the only thing that keeps me from launching it across the apartment is the fact I love the game of baseball.
I don't glaze over it's faults. MLB 2K9 is far from perfect, but I enjoy the game none the less.

I'm sorry if that alarms you.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:09 AM   #1007
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by kGinGreen
It is close to the show thats the thing. The problem is these people like the show better, so they then trounce on the other game. The did it with the nba games. The thing is this is just as good a baseball game as nba 2k9 was a basketball game. NBA 2k9 got a 9 and had a lot of bugs, needed sliders out of the box, and framerate issues. IT was the same thing. It was just the most complete game on the market so the followers heralded it and trounced the other game. If you played both games extensively and are unbiased you'd know that live was very good this year. Thats exactly what is happening here. People are biased jackasses. If the show didn't exist these same people who be giving this game 8's and 9's.

This game is probably a 7.5 right now, but could be an 8.5 if they fix all the nuisance stuff. The show is a 9 right now. I dont see how you can bash this game and nitpick every little detail and give the show a 9.5 when online play is completely broken right now. That's a double standard. They said themselves they couldn't review this game assuming a patch would fix these bugs, but they give the show a 9.5 when online play is unplayable? The show if they fix online is a 9.5. This game if they patch it is an 8.5. The problem is people are biased and the show is the better game this year, so this game ends up getting trashed. Teh same happened with Live. It got a 7 here when both basketball games when it was all said and done were probably an 8.5 and an 8 respectively. This when its all said and done will be an 8.5 just like nba 2k9 and the show will be a 9.5. Yeah its better but it's not $500 better. That's the truth from someone who researched the both games and played them unbiased.

The reality is both games have the potential to be very good this year. The Show is great. MLB 2k9 more realistically is a year away from ironing out a lot of issues, but come next year this game will be hitting its stride where the show might be levelling off. Both are great franchises imo, and you cant go wrong either way. MLB 2k9 might be a year behind the curve but its still very good.

very true my friend
Old 03-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #1008
MVP

OVR: 12

why is the show in this thread? Who cares about how good or bad it is? It help us NONE

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »