Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #1025
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbIVU...e=channel_page

Warning: Language

Judging by this video, you can probably tell my impression of this game is not very good. (Note: Mods, I am not trolling, I am simply posting my video in a manner to help explain my opinion. I apoligize if there was any confuse leadings towards a "infraction." Some people dont really use these sites, dont know the rules of the road, seeing how I signed up 4 years ago).

Anyway, this game is a joke. I simple cant find a set of sliders that fit my game style, but I shouldnt have to. I dont mind having pitch counts in the 50s at the end of a game, but the computer can give up 9 runs and 20 hits, but if they've only thrown 45 pitches the pitcher stays. Between the glitches present, the errors occuring on all gaming screens (from top prospect to Dustin Pedroia MVP in 206), this game is rough on all levels. That video virtually sealed the deal for me in my opinions of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #1026
Rookie

The Living Legend's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66

Judging by this video, you can probably tell my impression of this game is not very good. (Note: Mods, I am not trolling, I am simply posting my video in a manner to help explain my opinion. I apoligize if there was any confuse leadings towards a "infraction." Some people dont really use these sites, dont know the rules of the road, seeing how I signed up 4 years ago).

Anyway, this game is a joke. I simple cant find a set of sliders that fit my game style, but I shouldnt have to. I dont mind having pitch counts in the 50s at the end of a game, but the computer can give up 9 runs and 20 hits, but if they've only thrown 45 pitches the pitcher stays. Between the glitches present, the errors occuring on all gaming screens (from top prospect to Dustin Pedroia MVP in 206), this game is rough on all levels. That video virtually sealed the deal for me in my opinions of the game.
Oh man i am crying that is hilarious.... BARREL ROLL!!! LMAO.... and here is another one for ya guys

WARNING * Language*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN3cG...eature=related

disaster at home plate. I dont know if this should go under Glitches or impressions.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #1027
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
That video virtually sealed the deal for me in my opinions of the game.
What do these do for you?

Old 03-11-2009, 09:26 PM   #1028
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Living Legend
Oh man i am crying that is hilarious.... BARREL ROLL!!! LMAO.... and here is another one for ya guys

WARNING * Language*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN3cG...eature=related

disaster at home plate. I dont know if this should go under Glitches or impressions.
Seeing pictures of the people in these videos, it all makes sense now.

Last edited by kGinGreen; 03-11-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #1029
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
What do these do for you?

Wrong game
Old 03-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #1030
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

WOW!!! I could not stop laughing I really wanted to get both games this year but these types of videos saved me a little cash. I really hope a patch comes out soon to help those who bought this game get the full enjoyment that a $60 purchase warrants. Peace!!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 11:10 PM   #1031
Banned

OVR: 47

When the guy said what the bleep. A Barrow roll. I laughed read loud. It is was funny watching the guys do that. Do they do some times? Was that just an error?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2009, 11:57 PM   #1032
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

This game has warts.. like my fielder sometimes going into a slow animation and misplaying a ball.. but the glitches are few and far between for me so far.

The first baseman glitch happened to the CPU tonight, thought that was kind of funny.

As a total package though, I'm really liking what I'm seeing - it's not ootp like as far as stats go.. but I love everything they have been able to improve in this game. The replays are great, hitting is fun, pitching is a blast, commentary is top notch, I could go on......

I'm 2-2 on AS so far and each game has been different.. for me, that's all I can ask for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »