Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-12-2009, 01:02 AM   #1033
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
What do these do for you?

so wait? Because the show has a few glitches that excuses MLB 2k9 for all the atrocities it contains? Come on.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:10 AM   #1034
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyballgame
This game is like a girl that looks okay on the outside, but once you get to know her, it is her personality that shines. After the first few days, I was like most people here, on the fence, or wishing I had another game to play. But I keep on coming back to it, and getting more and more hooked once I figure out the perfect sliders for myself. I played NHL 09 non stop, and now, it is gathering dust post patch. I know, it isn't perfect, and yes, we should have gotten a better game out of the box, but once you get to know this game, it is actually fun and entertaining, and I will keep on playing deep into the year.
I just can't find that 'perfect' level of sliders and I've tried what feels like absolutely everything. I can't find that balance. Its always too little offense or too much offense and certain guys in the lineup then can't hit for any power at all. Its just not realistic.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #1035
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBruce32
I just can't find that 'perfect' level of sliders and I've tried what feels like absolutely everything. I can't find that balance. Its always too little offense or too much offense and certain guys in the lineup then can't hit for any power at all. Its just not realistic.
I finally found a set of sliders that seems decent. Last night was the first night I actually finished a 9 inning game without quitting out of disgust. Still don't believe sliders should be needed....

Anyway I lost 6-2 but I only hit one homer (ortiz) and had 10 hits. the CPU had 14 hits and the best part no official errors. there were still the BS glitches but they didn't effect the out come as much. JD drew performed the "barrel role" on a routine flyball, the crowd went nuts, probably because it resulted in an inside the park home run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #1036
Rookie

The Living Legend's Arena

OVR: 6

Well guys i dont see myself playing this game any longer i played 2 games last night and i honestly couldn't believe what i was seeing in terms of glitches and bugs it was flat out ridiculous and if anyone saw what i saw they would probably feel the same way i did.

1st weird thing CPU AI FLY ball right through him i mean not even attempt to catch it.

2nd bases loaded so i do a squeeze with the pitcher, i bunt to there pitcher he throws home for the force, then the catcher rotates looking at the foul screen magically throwing the ball to 1st base for the double play it was insane. Not only that THE RUN COUNTED and the out at home was never recorded WTF!!!!

3rd Never seen the first baseman glitch until now, it was a sharp hit down 3rd base line and literally the 1st baseman rotated and his foot came of the bag and cost me a run....insane.

4th Ground ball hit to hole at 3rd and SS the 3rd baseman AI literally stops going for the ball for no reason and leaves it to the SS to get the ball witch i got on the base with no throw.

5th bunting ive bunted a couple of times to move players over and literally the AI will gather around the damn ball then finally someone would pick the damn ball up.

Finally the deal breaker for me... line drive hit im running to the ball trying to set under it when magically my guy speeds up past the target of the ball automatically for no reason so i try to move him back and the ball hits me in the head, FLAT OUT REDICULOUS it cost me a run. All this happened in 2 games last night. I couldnt beleive it, i was like what are people talking about with these glitches and weird things. But you know what these people are right This game is utter trash i cant shake it anymore.

Power to you guys that are loving this game and its a shame the Commentary is top notch but thats and the crowd looks great, and i love the pitching but the fielding and the animations are sooo out of wack i cant play it anymore.. sux i wanted to love this game but i cant.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:20 PM   #1037
Welcome

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBruce32
so wait? Because the show has a few glitches that excuses MLB 2k9 for all the atrocities it contains? Come on.
So please explain all of these atrocities that are in 2k9. I swear some of you guys are just so far out there. I can understand not liking somethings, but the bug glitches thread in the show forum is 3 times the size of 2k9's. It's hard coming in here everyday reading page after page of monumental complaints...........Impressions are great but with some of the threads here, I'm starting to think that 2k9 might be responsible for the state of our economy.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 03-12-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:33 PM   #1038
Pro

OVR: 15

Sure the game has some bugs but I am enjoying the crap out of it really, I didn't become a big baseball fan until last year but I was always a fan so I just had to get the game and I'm glad I did.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:23 AM   #1039
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Living Legend
Power to you guys that are loving this game and its a shame the Commentary is top notch but thats and the crowd looks great, and i love the pitching but the fielding and the animations are sooo out of wack i cant play it anymore.. sux i wanted to love this game but i cant.
I'm in the same boat. Wanted to love this game, but just can't force myself to do it. Bought it first day, but haven't played it in about a week.......
Old 03-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #1040
Rookie

The Living Legend's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
I'm in the same boat. Wanted to love this game, but just can't force myself to do it. Bought it first day, but haven't played it in about a week.......
Yea me to man, i said this before on here before the game came out. I don't mind graphical nuances here and there and wonky batting animations. But when bugs plague game play ala, 1st baseman glitches, fielders going into slow mo and fast forward and the list i gave above which inturn costs me games that was teh deal breaker and these things have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »