Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #1049
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Living Legend
Yea me to man, i said this before on here before the game came out. I don't mind graphical nuances here and there and wonky batting animations. But when bugs plague game play ala, 1st baseman glitches, fielders going into slow mo and fast forward and the list i gave above which inturn costs me games that was teh deal breaker and these things have.
How could you have said all that before the game came out?
Old 03-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #1050
MVP

OVR: 12

over 15 games in for me, and I swear I've tried, I really have...

- I surrender 12 runs and 24 hits per game on average. Any attempt to challenge a hitter gets pounded into the outfield, leading to...

- outfielders don't make the catches they should...if the stick is in motion at all, they wont even execute a catching animation.Cpu has at least 3 innings per game extended for them due to Little League-esque outfielding gaffes...as close to a game-killer as this title could provide

- there is no difference whatsoever between facing a position player or a pitcher, they hit you just the same.2k needs to be reminded that not every pitcher hits like Micah Owings or Ankiel

-have to make a quick play on a bunt? might as well hold onto it or it's guaranteed throw in the red down the first base line

- do sliders really work? no matter what I set OF speed to they still seem to get to everything, with cpu contact at 0 they're still hitting the same

-now I could probably have success against the cpu, if I want to CHEESE and throw curveball after curveball, which the cpu can't hit period. I'll openly question if the guys posting low scoring games on here are doing it...sorry, it's not fun and it's not realistic.To each their own

- I am now seeing the first base glitch happen to the cpu at least once per game since moving the cpu error slider to 20 from 0...seems like that's the one problem my fielders aren't having

overall, it seems like the flaws in this game slant gameplay in favor of your cpu opponent, leading to what feels like a scripted, predetermined outcome. I am hoping the patch transforms the PC version radically, but I am not holding my breath
Old 03-16-2009, 09:45 PM   #1051
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgundie
JayBruce32, this a little bit off topic but my high school baseball coach played in the reds farm system with jay. he said his nickname was pudding because he was soo soft! lol. i think if im remebering right he also said he was kinda lazy too.
I think I'd say that your coach is probably a bitter has-been who never made it out of single A ball. And playing in single A ball is no big thing.

Bruce is a stud who hits in the middle of an MLB order at age 22. Was the highest touted prospect in baseball before that. Your HS coach says he's soft and lazy.... haha sounds like something I'd say about a guy who was so much better then me that it isn't even comprehendable. Bruce probably didn't give him the time of day or something.

Not a smart thing to say, I think your coach would like to trade places with him, coaching some kids or playing in the majors and being soft and lazy haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 11:31 PM   #1052
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBruce32
Bruce is a stud who hits in the middle of an MLB order at age 22. Was the highest touted prospect in baseball before that.
Bruce? A stud? Not quite yet.

Bruce was inconsistent while hitting just over .250 and striking out a ton. He also doesn’t walk much, leading to a disappointing .757 OPS last year. I won’t disagree with the notion he has tons of potential, but he has yet to capitalize on it.

And, to be fair.. he hit in the middle of the Reds lineup.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #1053
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgundie
JayBruce32, this a little bit off topic but my high school baseball coach played in the reds farm system with jay. he said his nickname was pudding because he was soo soft! lol. i think if im remebering right he also said he was kinda lazy too.
How old is your HS baseball coach?
Jay is only like 22, doesnt sound like our coach played very long.
What level did he play with him, A,AA, or AAA.
And its not a big deal if baseball players are "soft" its not like they have to tackle or block some one out. Matter of fact how can a baseball player be called "soft"?
I can see lazy but soft??
Old 03-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #1054
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Matter of fact how can a baseball player be called "soft"?
I can see lazy but soft??
He must rub it after he gets hit by a pitch you're never supposed to rub it.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:39 AM   #1055
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Maybe this belongs in the bug/glitch thread, but my franchise is broken...I tried to advance after the World Series to the Season Awards screen about seven years into my franchise and the console freezes every time I try to load it.

This is the first time such a glitch has happened to me in any 2K game, and I remember talking about my relatively good experience with their titles a few weeks before the game came out. I must've jinxed myself this time.

Oh, well, I was planning on starting another one once Patch 2 comes out...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 04:45 AM   #1056
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I didn't buy this game when it first came out. I saw all the negative reviews and all the glitches, and I decided to hold off. I rented it on Sat and at first didn't like it. But the more I play, the more I like it. It's fun. I'm not really seeing the glitches everyone's talking about and living rosters is doing a lot to alleviate my concerns of limited editing. I've seen the 1b glitch twice (one by me and one by cpu), and both times it was actually a 2b covering on a bunt. I use the right stick to throw and haven't had a problem.

It's not perfect, but the atmosphere is very good, and the announcing is excellent. They messed up a lot of uniforms and colors, including those of my favorite team, but nonetheless I'm having a lot of fun with this one. It's going to be a purchase for me in the not too distant future.

So, if you're on the fence about this game, don't take anyone here's word for it (including mine). Go rent it and try it for a few days, or go buy it used at a gamestop so you can return it if you don't like it. Find out for yourself. And force yourself to get through that first game. I had a hard time getting through that first game, but since I did that, I've had a blast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »