Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 03-31-2009, 12:42 AM   #1089
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

So I picked this up just to have a second option when I need a break from the other game.

I gotta be honest, despite it's rather obvious flaws in gameplay, it graphically looks very, very nice playing in 1080p.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:15 AM   #1090
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen81
Pitching: Please give me the option to turn of my ball cursor...it would make pitching much more challenging.
This is such an obvious addition that it's stunning that the only game I can personally remember getting it right was WSB 2k1, of all games.

Self-centering, invisible cursor with no rumble to indicate you've reached a border of the strike zone, please.

Being able to paint the black when you need to should come with a feeling of accomplishment... the feel of just how hard to push the left stick should be acquired from repeated playing. It shouldn't just be the lining up of one graphic element (baseball-shaped cursor) over another (edge of home plate) that a chimp could manage.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:25 PM   #1091
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I am struggling in a two player game to find the option to turn the ball cursor off or to "fade". If this option does not exist, I was wondering if someone could share with me how one goes about disguising a pitches location in a human vs. human game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 04:00 PM   #1092
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I am struggling in a two player game to find the option to turn the ball cursor off or to "fade". If this option does not exist, I was wondering if someone could share with me how one goes about disguising a pitches location in a human vs. human game.
You hold down RT, I believe. This "locks" the pitch, so your true location stays hidden. There is no option to turn off the cursor (at least in the console versions).
Old 03-31-2009, 05:56 PM   #1093
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
You hold down RT, I believe. This "locks" the pitch, so your true location stays hidden. There is no option to turn off the cursor (at least in the console versions).
Thanks a ton. While a fading or invisible cursor would have been ideal, I am glad there is at least some sort of deceptive option.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #1094
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I'm enjoying this game quite a bit on PC. All the options turned up running at 1080P, the game visually looks stunning. First AB with Griffey I knocked one to the riverboat against the Reds for a 2 run HR.

Really enjoying it. Hopefully our Cyberface patchers can figure out a way to edit headshape/face because I'm not too keen on Griff's face.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #1095
Pro

OVR: 7

I finally caved and bought the game. I was really skeptical, but I played an exhibition game (A's vs. Jays) and had a blast. It was a crazy game. Hit a homer off Windows Restaurant, had some big late inning k's with Zieglar and Casilla and gave up a big bomb to Rolen to lose. I think this is the best next-gen baseball game 2k has offered up for us upon first impression. Hopefully the 2nd patch comes out soon so I never have to deal with any of the frusterating glitches some have expereienced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #1096
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I'm enjoying this game quite a bit on PC. All the options turned up running at 1080P, the game visually looks stunning. First AB with Griffey I knocked one to the riverboat against the Reds for a 2 run HR.

Really enjoying it. Hopefully our Cyberface patchers can figure out a way to edit headshape/face because I'm not too keen on Griff's face.
Well, I wouldn't call it "stunning" but it is much better overall, IMO. Sharper looking. Still not feeling the cartoony look of uniforms and accessories, but it's not the end of the world.

Visually, the PC version is coming along with some uniform/hat fixes, cleats, bats and catchers masks, stadiums, overlays, etc. Can't do too much about the style of the textures, but they can at least max them out within that framework, I suppose.

I'm just waiting on the patch and the roster editor and I might be able to finally get into this game. Here's hopin'.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »