Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-27-2009, 05:36 PM   #177
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Its not perfect, but i think it has alot of promise.
Enough promise to play a 162 game season with it?
Old 02-27-2009, 06:03 PM   #178
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh348
Enough promise to play a 162 game season with it?
i couldnt EVEr play through a season, so for me no. I am not a season guy. I like to play online with friends or quick matches. I am to lazy to go through franchise's lol
Old 02-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #179
I <3 My Jordycakes

Padgoi's Arena

OVR: 0

Once I get home, I'm going to test out the cursor hitting. I am not a fan of swing stick.
Again, if you guys have any questions, please list them and I'll see what I can get to.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #180
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
Funny that some complain about the fade to black, fade from black, while others love it.

I personally love it. The presentation in this game is a long way ahead of anything I've seen in a sports game in that respect.
I like it a lot too. It's as close to "television style presentation" as you're gonna get without containing commercials.

And who wants commercials?
Old 02-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #181
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwnarrow3
I like it a lot too. It's as close to "television style presentation" as you're gonna get without containing commercials.

And who wants commercials?
It would have been cool if they through in a couple of commercials. Maybe Pepsi or State Farm.

Last edited by seb0305; 02-27-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2009, 06:24 PM   #182
Rookie

OVR: 4

Gather 'round kiddies...I'm going to tell you a story about a GLITCHY baseball game

A looong time ago, there was a video game named MVP 2004 from EA sports...this was the follow-up game to the critically acclaimed MVP 2003..

This game received very good reviews, 80-90's, was released, and all the little children of the land were happy.

Until one day, one of the children spoke up, "hey, I'm not hitting homeruns with left handed batters!"...many of the children scoffed at the little boy, but others began to notice the same thing...

One day, the makers of MVP 04 released a statement saying that there was indeed a GLITCH that left the children of the land unable to hit homeruns with left handed batters - rendering the game literally unplayable. PC users and XBOX users recieved the update...ps2 users had to deal with it

What's the moral of the story? 1) This is not the first time this has happened where a glitch can muck up a whole game 2) a patch to fix a problem on the first day released is a beautiful thing. 2k diverted a potentially game killing experience.

The End.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:29 PM   #183
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwoodz
Gather 'round kiddies...I'm going to tell you a story about a GLITCHY baseball game

A looong time ago, there was a video game named MVP 2004 from EA sports...this was the follow-up game to the critically acclaimed MVP 2003..

This game received very good reviews, 80-90's, was released, and all the little children of the land were happy.

Until one day, one of the children spoke up, "hey, I'm not hitting homeruns with left handed batters!"...many of the children scoffed at the little boy, but others began to notice the same thing...

One day, the makers of MVP 04 released a statement saying that there was indeed a GLITCH that left the children of the land unable to hit homeruns with left handed batters - rendering the game literally unplayable. PC users and XBOX users recieved the update...ps2 users had to deal with it

What's the moral of the story? 1) This is not the first time this has happened where a glitch can muck up a whole game 2) a patch to fix a problem on the first day released is a beautiful thing. 2k diverted a potentially game killing experience.

The End.
I prefer "The Little Engine That Could" but your story's okay, I guess
Old 02-27-2009, 06:31 PM   #184
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by seb0305
It would have been cool if they through in a couple of commercials. Maybe Pepsi or State Farm.
What is this? That is the worst idea I've ever heard! I bet you're the only person on this forum who wants that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »