Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2009, 09:54 PM   #241
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cary, NC
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Question: Does the computer make contact everytime it swings, or are there swings and misses?

Also.. is there really a draw walk slider? That wasn't in Steve's pictures of Sliders.
brendanrfoley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2009, 09:58 PM   #242
I <3 My Jordycakes
 
Padgoi's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,809
Blog Entries: 2
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

On legend I didn't see the cpu swing and miss much and there is no draw walks slider.
Padgoi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:16 PM   #243
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cary, NC
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

That is a little disheartening. I pray the release-day patch addresses this, but I get the feeling it won't.

Has Ronnie over on the 2K boards mentioned exactly what the patch addresses?
brendanrfoley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:17 PM   #244
08 Mets! One Year Older!
 
thornie's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 344
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
Question: Does the computer make contact everytime it swings, or are there swings and misses?

Also.. is there really a draw walk slider? That wasn't in Steve's pictures of Sliders.
The CPU will swing and miss if you make a good pitch (I'm playing on all star difficulty).

The draw walk slider is in the edit player section. Which btw does squat. I edited every hitter on the opposing team to have draw walk at 100 and CPU still hacked at everything. I then thought maybe lowering to zero would help, no dice they still hacked at everything. To be honest, I don't even notice a difference between 0 or 100.

Re: editing players batting stances...

I tried editing guys with generic stances and could not fond anywhere in the edit player section that would allow me to do so. Furthermore, I couldn't even find it in the create a player mode.
__________________
2006 - present, NY Mets Season Ticket Holder
thornie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #245
MLB
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie
The CPU will swing and miss if you make a good pitch (I'm playing on all star difficulty).

The draw walk slider is in the edit player section. Which btw does squat. I edited every hitter on the opposing team to have draw walk at 100 and CPU still hacked at everything. I then thought maybe lowering to zero would help, no dice they still hacked at everything. To be honest, I don't even notice a difference between 0 or 100.
Well damn..
MLB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #246
VGH
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Great Game, One word "Superb". The game has come a long way from 2k6 now with great camera angles, inhanced graphics and smooth gameplay.
-videogameheat.com

Official Gameplay Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdQ8qc8AudQ
VGH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:21 PM   #247
Hall Of Fame
 
bigfnjoe96's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Da Basement
Posts: 11,427
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

I'm just really baffled that VC took-out Sliders that worked so well & added Sliders no-one knows what they do..

BTW how do you take out the AI Base Running Speed Slider..
bigfnjoe96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:23 PM   #248
Can't spell antetokounmpo
 
Bahnzo's Arena
 
OVR: 30
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,786
Blog Entries: 9
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
I'm just really baffled that VC took-out Sliders that worked so well & added Sliders no-one knows what they do..

BTW how do you take out the AI Base Running Speed Slider..
Yeah, last year's sliders were good...they just needed to make them work better/at all. Count me as baffled as well that they scrapped them completely.
__________________
Steam: Bahnzo
Bahnzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:31 PM.

Top -