Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2009, 11:12 PM   #265
Pro
 
JoshCA916's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Helena, MT
Re: Editing Batting Stances

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh348
Why are all 5 of your posts asking the exact same question?
and he started his own thread about it also, wow talk about needing a ? answered.
__________________
PSN:LeftCoastGamer
Xbox GT:LeftCoast Gamer
Steam ID:LeftCoastGamer
JoshCA916 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2009, 11:12 PM   #266
MVP
 
duke776's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,055
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Editing Batting Stances

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh348
Why are all 5 of your posts asking the exact same question?
I'm going to guess it may be that it's a huge deal to him, but I agree it may be going overboard. I'm really mad about it and may not get the game if it's true(still going to rent it at least though), but I don't think asking it 6 times in the matter of 5 minutes is going to solve much. Maybe I just have a little more patience...
duke776 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #267
08 Mets! One Year Older!
 
thornie's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 344
Re: Editing Batting Stances

Ok... I've lowered every inside edge so slider I could find to zero and I'm getting better results... While not perfect, I have struck out two guys looking on fsstballs up and in. The game IMO is starting to play a lot better with all inside edge sliders set to zero.

Oh and this game really is beautiful playing in the daytime, the lighting is just awesome... At night, not so much, but daytime is wow. I'm really enjoying playing the game though. Despite some early annoyances, I am having a lot of fun.
__________________
2006 - present, NY Mets Season Ticket Holder
thornie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:21 PM   #268
Angelinos
 
rckabillyRaider's Arena
 
OVR: 36
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: So Cali
Posts: 4,399
Re: Editing Batting Stances

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
I'm going to guess it may be that it's a huge deal to him, but I agree it may be going overboard. I'm really mad about it and may not get the game if it's true(still going to rent it at least though), but I don't think asking it 6 times in the matter of 5 minutes is going to solve much. Maybe I just have a little more patience...
just checked and it sure looks like you cannot edit batting stances. The only editable tabs are : General, Appearance, Equipment, Abilities, and Contract. And none of those has a batting stance or pitching delivery option
rckabillyRaider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:22 PM   #269
All Star
 
SoxFan01605's Arena
 
OVR: 38
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,985
Re: Editing Batting Stances

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
just checked and it sure looks like you cannot edit batting stances. The only editable tabs are : General, Appearance, Equipment, Abilities, and Contract. And none of those has a batting stance or pitching delivery option
WOW...that's a major oversight if that's really not available. What happens to CAPs? Ugh...
SoxFan01605 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:23 PM   #270
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cary, NC
Re: Editing Batting Stances

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie
Ok... I've lowered every inside edge so slider I could find to zero and I'm getting better results... While not perfect, I have struck out two guys looking on fsstballs up and in. The game IMO is starting to play a lot better with all inside edge sliders set to zero.
This is wonderful news. I had a feeling turning down Inside Edge would help. Thank you for giving it a shot!
brendanrfoley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:24 PM   #271
Rookie
 
gaden's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Feb 2007
Question Re: Editing Batting Stances

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
just checked and it sure looks like you cannot edit batting stances. The only editable tabs are : General, Appearance, Equipment, Abilities, and Contract. And none of those has a batting stance or pitching delivery option
Wow, so all of the created players have the same generic batting stances?
gaden is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2009, 11:26 PM   #272
MVP
 
duke776's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,055
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Editing Batting Stances

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
just checked and it sure looks like you cannot edit batting stances. The only editable tabs are : General, Appearance, Equipment, Abilities, and Contract. And none of those has a batting stance or pitching delivery option
Thanks for the confirmation. I trust you and thornie, just was hoping thornie somehow overlooked it.
duke776 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:10 PM.

Top -