Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-28-2009, 01:27 AM   #329
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Just got mine. I'm die hard MLB The Show but I enjoyed the demo so I picked it up. There are a few small shops here in NYC selling it before tuesday. Haven't gotten a chance to play it but was pleasantly surprised to see in add on the back cover of the manual for 'The Bigs 2'!. Will post impressions once I play.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:36 AM   #330
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanteriX
Whoever has the game, I have a quick question about the rosters.

Is it like last year where pretty much all the "fake" minor leaguers have the same first and last initial as their real life counterpart? For example, in the Red Sox organization is there someone with the initials L.A. for Lars Anderson, D.B. For Daniel Bard, J.R. for Josh Reddick, etc.

Just curious, cause if not I'm not even going to consider renaming the minors like I did last year.

i dont know if that question was answered but no not at all. all the minor leaguers are in the game.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 02-28-2009, 01:39 AM   #331

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grydnt Vektr211
i dont know if that question was answered but no not at all. all the minor leaguers are in the game.
I think you misunderstood his question. He is asking if the minor leaguers who don't have their real names in the game will have the same first letter in their first and last name as their real life counterpart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2009, 01:42 AM   #332

texbuk84's Arena

this game is totally awesome.( for those who live in new jersey, downtown newark on broad and market have them in all the moms and pops stores( including the show too!!!)).

First off I would like to stress that this game have some of the best presentation I've seen in a long time. Second the atomosphere of the game is incredile, Thirdly the physics and gameplay engine is definitely a step in the right direction( this is VC first year making the game).

I've seen some awesome plays from realistic home run steals( i was playing the nationals and lastings millage snatched a homerun away from beltran in right field. it was crazy.

I also like how when you watch a game, you can feel the middle of spring on a saturday afternoon game at CITIFIELD. The beauti of having a 360. Thats all I have for now, will keep you guys posted.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 02-28-2009, 01:51 AM   #333

texbuk84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I think you misunderstood his question. He is asking if the minor leaguers who don't have their real names in the game will have the same first letter in their first and last name as their real life counterpart.
i didnt get a chance to look that deep into it yet. i will take a look at that around 730am( thats when i get home from work) and be able to tell him then.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 02-28-2009, 02:03 AM   #334
Rookie

OVR: 3

I see that Guru's sliders are working... with Inside Edge for both Human and CPU at 0. That's always a good sign. Justing Wondering, what does the Human Inside Edge do?
Old 02-28-2009, 02:44 AM   #335
Angelinos

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

***Home Run derby sucks. The camera does not follow the ball. You just get your pitches, hit it, and then the HR counter will tell you if it was a HR or not. The pitches comes one right after the other. No cut scene to follow the ball into the stand or no camera to follow the ball anywhere for that matter.

*** Im having a hard time fielding and pitching. Getting better at fielding but I just dont get the pitching. I put it on classic and it still confusing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2009, 02:58 AM   #336
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
***Home Run derby sucks. The camera does not follow the ball. You just get your pitches, hit it, and then the HR counter will tell you if it was a HR or not. The pitches comes one right after the other. No cut scene to follow the ball into the stand or no camera to follow the ball anywhere for that matter.

*** Im having a hard time fielding and pitching. Getting better at fielding but I just dont get the pitching. I put it on classic and it still confusing
Do you still see the yellow circle fillng up when you pitch in CLASSIC (button) mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »