Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #353
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Just started playing this morning and noticed another thing that really irks me. You can't seem to edit the CPUs roster before a game. Last year you would select "exhibition" from the game modes menu and this allowed you to mess with the CPUs roster. As it is now, you can only choose "play now" which only allows you to edit your own roster. This sucks for me because I often like to play 3rd starter vs 3rd starter in my pick up and play games. I don't always want to play against the opposing teams ace in every pick up game I play.

This game could be so amazing if they ironed some of these issues out. I feel it's so close to being one if the best baseball games I've played, if not for some of the head scratching lack of options in the game.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #354
Rookie

larma's Arena

OVR: 9

Sorry if this has been asked but does the PS3 version have the custom sound feature?

Old 02-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #355
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Russell
Do you still see the yellow circle fillng up when you pitch in CLASSIC (button) mode?
Dr. Classic Button is some what different, but the concept is the same. You press & hold the pitch button down, the circle expands. You let it go & the circle gets smaller, you then hit the button again when the circle is at it's smallest for accuracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie
Just started playing this morning and noticed another thing that really irks me. You can't seem to edit the CPUs roster before a game. Last year you would select "exhibition" from the game modes menu and this allowed you to mess with the CPUs roster.
Another head-scratching choice by VC....

Last edited by bigfnjoe96; 02-28-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #356
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
As it is now, you can only choose "play now" which only allows you to edit your own roster. This sucks for me because I often like to play 3rd starter vs 3rd starter in my pick up and play games. I don't always want to play against the opposing teams ace in every pick up game I play.
Since you're going to have the game for a while... Create 4 roster saves, In the first save, move all CPU teams' #2 starters to the #1 spot in the rotation. In the second save, have all the CPU teams' #3 starters to the #1 spot. Third save, shift all CPU teams' #4 starters to the #1 spot in the rotation. Fourth save stick their #5 starter in the #1 spot. Then load up whichever save you like for your pick up and play games.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #357
Banned

OVR: 23

any chance any of you guys could put up some videos of what you are seeing on higher difficulties?
Old 02-28-2009, 11:09 AM   #358
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Since you're going to have the game for a while... Create 4 roster saves, In the first save, move all CPU teams' #2 starters to the #1 spot in the rotation. In the second save, have all the CPU teams' #3 starters to the #1 spot. Third save, shift all CPU teams' #4 starters to the #1 spot in the rotation. Fourth save stick their #5 starter in the #1 spot. Then load up whichever save you like for your pick up and play games.
yeah, there's actually an easier way of doing this. I just edit the rotation from the management tab, back out and hit play now. No biggie at all. Me throwing a complete game with john lackey with only throwing 42 pitches, that's bad. The CPU is up there hackin', haha.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #359
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
yeah, there's actually an easier way of doing this. I just edit the rotation from the management tab, back out and hit play now. No biggie at all. Me throwing a complete game with john lackey with only throwing 42 pitches, that's bad. The CPU is up there hackin', haha.
The CPU hacking away is something that's really bugging me. I do have a slider set-up for CPU pitching that's working pretty well. Yesterday I played a Yankees V Cubs game & got the Cubs to throw 129 pitches thru 9 innings & I walked 4 times..

The strike 2 ball ratio was 82/47..

I really hope the Online Manual gives us descriptions of what the sliders do, because something is telling me this issue can be fixed
Old 02-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #360
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
wow , that really is a shame.

and there is no way we can fix that cpu overaggressive problem eh ?

not even roster edits as there are no ratings that affect that ....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »