Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-28-2009, 08:27 PM   #393
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

I might be the only one but why do i like the Demo better then the SHOW? I'm dead set on getting the show till i played both demo's. Any ps3 guys getting this?

PSN Brandon26ms
Old 02-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #394

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by babythug23
I might be the only one but why do i like the Demo better then the SHOW? I'm dead set on getting the show till i played both demo's. Any ps3 guys getting this?
Because its a really good game of baseball. It may be a little rough around the edges and missing some stuff it shouldn't be, but its a good game.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #395
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

I dont care if you like the show or any other game..

If you love baseball then the show is the game if you have a ps3

2K made a huge gain over last year and I love their game as well this year

the overall better game is the show but anybody and i mean anybody who loves baseball and loves pitching should at least rent mlb 2k9

the pitching is sooo much fun and so realistic...it is just incredible...

to bad the game is filled with little nasty glitches because if 2k irons that next year...we are looking at a serious threat to the show...

i love the pitching in this years game....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #396
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
I hope this isn't the case for a walk-off homer...it's inexcusable only because it's a feature the developers actually pointed out in the feature list. I hit a walk-off homer in the demo and the whole team seemed to be surrounding home plate for some reason. Not sure if they actually do anything afterward in the final version, though. Anyone want to check?

Yeah, well I'm hearing no celebration for the world series either, no trophy,nada, I think this year's edition didn't put that kind of stuff in, unfortunately
Old 02-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #397
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTodd
Well these impressions are overall disappointing for me. I was really looking forward to this game, but not being able to edit stances, especially after seeing some of them in the demo and videos, is a total gamekiller for me personally. Add to that the fact that CPU hitters don't seem to take any pitches and the awkward fielding quirks, and this looks like a no-go for me.

It seems to be much improved over 2K8, but some of the stuff they took out seems to negative most of the additions.

Oh well, at least I have Killzone 2 and The Show to keep me busy.
Ditto for me. I was very close to getting this one, but the impressions here have convinced me to pass. Seems to be improved from 2k8, but not enough to pick up
Old 02-28-2009, 09:34 PM   #398
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
I dont care if you like the show or any other game..

If you love baseball then the show is the game if you have a ps3

2K made a huge gain over last year and I love their game as well this year

the overall better game is the show but anybody and i mean anybody who loves baseball and loves pitching should at least rent mlb 2k9

the pitching is sooo much fun and so realistic...it is just incredible...

to bad the game is filled with little nasty glitches because if 2k irons that next year...we are looking at a serious threat to the show...

i love the pitching in this years game....
thats so awesome that they got the pitching to be realistic!! How many walks have you given up? And its hard to always hit your spots?? I'm also guessing that you can really battle a batter now....the pitcher/battle dual has always been the best part of baseball for me.....Man, I am psyched now!!
Old 02-28-2009, 09:39 PM   #399
I <3 My Jordycakes

Padgoi's Arena

OVR: 0

Well I just played some more, testing zone hitting vs. default directional timed hitting. My observations:

- Default directional hitting (same as demo) is EASY! I just played a 5-inning game on Legend vs. the Mets, Johan vs. C.C. Sabbathia, pitch speed maxed out. Through 5 innings, it was 6-6, Johan only got through the 4th, ARod hit a homerun that hasn't landed yet, if you hold up and pull, while you definitely won't crush every pitch, I still had 10 hits through 5 innings. I only one homer, but it was definitely offensive friendly.

- I personally think zone hitting is the way to go this year. You're DEFINITELY going to have to slow pitch speed down (or increase human hitting contact) because on default All-Star or Legend, I was missing everything. I lowered pitch speed to 50 and through 3 innings, I had 3 hits and got K'd twice, definitely played a better game.

- I tried lowering all IE sliders for Human and CPU. Doesn't matter. I got the CPU to take a combined 2 called strikes. Legend difficulty is not the way to go if you want realistic pitch counts. Furthermore, the AI offense is jacked up on Legend default. Slider tweaks WILL be needed on any level you play (actually AllStar seemed ok for CPU offense, just pitch speed still seemed a bit high and the CPU still swung WAY too often).
Old 02-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #400
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
Well I just played some more, testing zone hitting vs. default directional timed hitting. My observations:

- Default directional hitting (same as demo) is EASY! I just played a 5-inning game on Legend vs. the Mets, Johan vs. C.C. Sabbathia, pitch speed maxed out. Through 5 innings, it was 6-6, Johan only got through the 4th, ARod hit a homerun that hasn't landed yet, if you hold up and pull, while you definitely won't crush every pitch, I still had 10 hits through 5 innings. I only one homer, but it was definitely offensive friendly.

- I personally think zone hitting is the way to go this year. You're DEFINITELY going to have to slow pitch speed down (or increase human hitting contact) because on default All-Star or Legend, I was missing everything. I lowered pitch speed to 50 and through 3 innings, I had 3 hits and got K'd twice, definitely played a better game.

- I tried lowering all IE sliders for Human and CPU. Doesn't matter. I got the CPU to take a combined 2 called strikes. Legend difficulty is not the way to go if you want realistic pitch counts. Furthermore, the AI offense is jacked up on Legend default. Slider tweaks WILL be needed on any level you play (actually AllStar seemed ok for CPU offense, just pitch speed still seemed a bit high and the CPU still swung WAY too often).
Hey Padgoi, I have a question regarding cursor hitting. So will we still be able to somehow influence where we want to place the ball on the field? I.E., (right handed hitter) to pull, swing early, or to go with the pitch, swing late. Flyballs or groundballs?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »