Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #401
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Inside edge should be left at 100 for both sides

i am working on some sliders...and hitting is harder now and i can draw walks to

let me test some more
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2009, 09:53 PM   #402
Banned

OVR: 6

Guru, I have been reading your posts for a couple of weeks ago. It seems to me that you can a true believer in this game whenever you played it. Please correct me if I am wrong...

Either way, your enthusiams has sold this game for me. I will buy it when it comes out in my area. If I enjoy it as much many people are, then I would be saving myself ~$500 (PS3 + The Show). I know the Show is a great game, but if I can get my baseball fix with $60, then that is great.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #403
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattstl77
Guru, I have been reading your posts for a couple of weeks ago. It seems to me that you can a true believer in this game whenever you played it. Please correct me if I am wrong...

Either way, your enthusiams has sold this game for me. I will buy it when it comes out in my area. If I enjoy it as much many people are, then I would be saving myself ~$500 (PS3 + The Show). I know the Show is a great game, but if I can get my baseball fix with $60, then that is great.

the show is a fantastic game...it has some issues that i hate but is still the best game in the market

if you own a 360 only then i cannot recommend spending that kind of money with these tough times for a game only..

ps3 is a great system but so is the 360

last year i bought the ps3 for the show and for blu ray movies

the show is the only game i play on my ps3 along with kz which i just got

last year i bought the ps3 because 2k8 was utter garbage...i was a big fan of 2k7 but they killed it last year and i needed my baseball fix

i was sold on the demo for the show last year and played that game more then any in my life

this years game is better and fantastic...the show that is

but i decided to give 2k a chance to get me back and they made a much better game this year

the pitching is just flat out outstanding...much better then the shows pitching system....IMO

the hitting is challenging....I think that those 2 aspects alone are fantastic and worth a rental at least

if you are deep into franchise stuff then you might pull your hair out with the exclusion of editing stances for rosters and created players

graphics are rather weak for next gen...textures on the uniforms are fantastic...you can see the stitches on the numbers

stadiums are nicely done...commentators are the best i have heard next to the show....

presentation is outstanding...

just the fact that you have serious roster issues

some akward animations

and rather weak graphics for next gen...

you got a game that is leaving you wondering what you will get next year with anticipation

if you just have a 360 get it and i think you can get good fun all season long and next year lets hope they deliver the best they can offer....

pitching alone in this game is worth the time and effort...i can pitch all day long and not care for batting ....lol
Old 02-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #404
Rookie

OVR: 6

Guru, good to see your enjoying the game but How are you enjoying the pitching so much when CPU swings at anything in the strike zone and doesn't swing at anything outside. Doesn't that kill the pitching in the game??
Old 02-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #405
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lived
Guru, good to see your enjoying the game but How are you enjoying the pitching so much when CPU swings at anything in the strike zone and doesn't swing at anything outside. Doesn't that kill the pitching in the game??
the cpu does not swing at everything....the issue is that they dont take many pitches in the strike zone...that i dont think we can fix...this is tied into the code and sliders wont fix it

but i can make pitching harder in terms of walking hitters

i average about 3 walks per game...the cpu does take pitches when you lower the pitcher stamina slider

you raise the human pitching sliders to make it harder to be on point

i can tell you that using catcher suggestions is key...he a lot of times asked for a pitch way outside the zone...not asking for a pitchout but for a certain pitch that the cpu can chase...

i have the cpu hitters taking more pitches but what they dont take is pitches down the middle...that we cant fix

sliders are making the pitching much better...at least for me it is...i am having to use relief pitchers because my guy gets tired from throwing a lot of pitches and because i also made the rattle sliders lower to help make pinpoint pitching harder...

there are work arounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #406
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Anyone try turning on the "Pitch Zoom" in the batter view settings? Does this get you even closer than the max zoom setting?
Can someone please try this? It's just a simple setting......

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-28-2009, 10:48 PM   #407
Rookie

OVR: 1

So I've heard that the game crashes when the "Hurry Up Baseball" option is enabled. Have and of you had a chance to use this and see what happens?

K
Old 02-28-2009, 10:52 PM   #408
MLB
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
the cpu does not swing at everything....the issue is that they dont take many pitches in the strike zone...that i dont think we can fix...this is tied into the code and sliders wont fix it
If that could be fixed, the game's realism would increase by a lot..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »