Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-01-2009, 02:54 AM   #417
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Guys, I have a good feeling that at least the AI batting issue will be fixed sooner than later. That's all I can say about it. Please don't ask where I got the info.
Consider your self man hugged.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:55 AM   #418
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
Am I doing something wrong or you CANNOT access your bullpen from the in game menu? The only way I was able to do it was by pausing the game.
You're doing it wrong.

Press down on the controller to bring up your lineup. Use the left and right triggers to cycle through your bench/bullpen.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:20 AM   #419
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Guys, I have a good feeling that at least the AI batting issue will be fixed sooner than later. That's all I can say about it. Please don't ask where I got the info.
I hope you're right man......I sure hope your right.

If I can know for sure that at least that is going to be fixed, I'll buy the game on Tuesday. I can live with not being able to edit batting stances since I really never do that any way (but I hope they fix that for those who want it).
Old 03-01-2009, 05:22 AM   #420
Rookie

Pyroboy829's Arena

OVR: 6

if they can fix it within the first week of gaming that would be even sweeter, but the fact that your inside source is saying it will be fixed is great news
Old 03-01-2009, 07:11 AM   #421
Jerami Grant - boom!

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by babythug23
I might be the only one but why do i like the Demo better then the SHOW? I'm dead set on getting the show till i played both demo's. Any ps3 guys getting this?
I had a lot of fun with the 2K9 demo. It was better than I ever expected it to be. It still has some issues with regards to cpu hitting but it was still fun. Quite frankly, there are some things in 2K9, particularly with the real time presentation, commentary and fielding camera that I really like and am disappointed that I don't get that in the Show.

I'm only buying one game and that will be the Show this year due to its tremendous polish and sim aspects. But it would be an understatement to say that I was impressed with 2K9 and next year all bets are off. Another year under VC and I will have a very tough decision. I'll still keep an eye on 2K9, especially after some patches to see how the game gets even better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2009, 08:41 AM   #422
Pro

kennytomson's Arena

OVR: 10

can someone list the 'visual options'. little bummed there is no option to turn the ball-pitch cursor off, or the bright 'early pitch' message. can you turn off player names, throw meter, ball trail? thanks for your time.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:18 AM   #423
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennytomson
can someone list the 'visual options'. little bummed there is no option to turn the ball-pitch cursor off, or the bright 'early pitch' message. can you turn off player names, throw meter, ball trail? thanks for your time.

the only thing you can remove is the ball trail and the strike zone...other then that nothing else can be turned off
Old 03-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #424
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
That's the best news I've heard. I haven't really had any huge issues with the game and I'm not scared off by the impressions that guys have given so far. I went and dropped 50 bucks on a pre-order yesterday at GS. I'm gonna go ahead and pay it off today now... Thanks for the final selling point! Finally a baseball game for the 360! Yay!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »