Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #457
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Too many tweaks and work arounds to make this game do what we want it to. Going to pass this year for the first time in I don't know how long.
Yeah I agree. Oh well. I like the demo, but I doubt a patch is going to fix what I want fixed. I like playing exhibition just as much as a franchise.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #458
MVP

OVR: 11

It appears that VC is really shooting themselves in the foot here with some of the misteps they're making. I'm actually quite surprised that certain things like exhibition and the editing of stances/windups have been removed considering this is the same company that developed NBA 2K9 and all those features were found in that game.

I really would like to get this game since I very much prefer the controls of this game over the Show but VC isn't helping their cause with some of the recent issues. Hopefully, VC will be coming out with some information very shortly to assure potential consumers that there will be a series of patches to fix these issues.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #459
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
FYI, people there is a work-around for making changes to the CPU in Play Now Mode.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039243980
That is cool, but like the other person said. why do I have to do all this to play a game. Oh well.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #460
Pro

truckie16's Arena

OVR: 7

Can you change the stadium in play now? I like to play in the classic ballparks or do you always play in the home teams stadium.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #461
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Too many tweaks and work arounds to make this game do what we want it to. Going to pass this year for the first time in I don't know how long.
indeed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #462
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
I thought it was ridiculous that Chien Ming Wang did not have a fast ball (neither a 2 or 4 seamer) in his pitching repitoire so he has to be edited. He only has a sinker, slider and change. Note to 2K; EVERY PITCHER IN BASEBALL THROWS A FASTBALL. EVERY PITCHER IN THE GAME SHOULD HAVE A FASTBALL IN THEIR REPITIORE. Thanks.
Coupled with the inability to edit... sounds like a game killer for those players who want an authentic game of baseball.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #463
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by burden
Coupled with the inability to edit... sounds like a game killer for those players who want an authentic game of baseball.
yea wtf is that about. 2009 and we can't edit players? yikes.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #464
MVP

OVR: 17

I just want to know if the actual baseball on-field gameplay is any good. Compared to the Show, how does it stack up? Anyone? Bueller? I've read about the batter AI aggressiveness, but besides that, nothing.

If it plays a good game I can deal. I don't care about exhibitions, can get past the ugly baserunning icons, the strike zone and ball being there all the time, players morphing in cut scenes, etc. I can even get past not editing batter stances and pitcher motions.

I just want to know if I can hit doubles into the gap and down the line, if home runs are hit at a realistic rate without having to hold up, if double plays are turned when they should be, etc. Honestly, the impressions in this thread and in the Show thread have virtually zero on-field gameplay info.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »