Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-02-2009, 01:12 AM   #489
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
I have no idea about the Wii really. No idea on comparingg. I dont own, or plan on owning the show. I just bought 2 games and a arcade stick for SF4 in the last week. I am tapped out on games for a bit. lol
if you know anyone here who has both and can help please give them the link. its been 4 hours and no one wants to help me
Old 03-02-2009, 01:15 AM   #490
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
2ndly, they are listening but the problem is they were told ok, its your time to make a video game with less then a year. They virtually had no time to sit back and dissect the game.
Ya know, I remember reading somewhere the devs stating they had a full development cycle with this game, so can we please stop giving the excuse they didn't have enough time?
Old 03-02-2009, 01:17 AM   #491
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Ya know, I remember reading somewhere the devs stating they had a full development cycle with this game, so can we please stop giving the excuse they didn't have enough time?
Or course they did, but none of them were familiar with it i dont think. Game has its faults. I would be a ****** to say it doesnt, but its in my opinion a step in the right direction. It hink i have played 2K9 more then i played 2K8 and i have had the game only a few days. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 01:23 AM   #492
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Or course they did, but none of them were familiar with it i dont think. Game has its faults. I would be a ****** to say it doesnt, but its in my opinion a step in the right direction. It hink i have played 2K9 more then i played 2K8 and i have had the game only a few days. lol
I'd be interested to know if any of the Blue Castle programmers came over. I'm sure it was difficult otherwise to get a deep understanding of the code.

I'm still deciding whether to get the game (chances are I'll cave and buy it), but from everything I'm reading it doesn't sound like it's taken any steps in the right direction at all. And that's coming from someone who had almost 11,000 AB's in 2K8 (was checking last nite...that was a surprise). I really think they need to scrap the whole thing and rebuild it from the ground up.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:28 AM   #493
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
I'd be interested to know if any of the Blue Castle programmers came over. I'm sure it was difficult otherwise to get a deep understanding of the code.

I'm still deciding whether to get the game (chances are I'll cave and buy it), but from everything I'm reading it doesn't sound like it's taken any steps in the right direction at all. And that's coming from someone who had almost 11,000 AB's in 2K8 (was checking last nite...that was a surprise). I really think they need to scrap the whole thing and rebuild it from the ground up.
as much as i would love to see that. I dont think VC would have time. They make 3 games and all 3 games have to be made in 1 year cycles. That would be really tough to do.

I am still hoping that we get another football game this year. lol I would take football game over any sports game though. The hardcore football fan in me. lol
Old 03-02-2009, 01:36 AM   #494
Rookie

OVR: 2

wow, this is really pissing me off i posted my help thread at what mid afternoon in the 2k board and the show board and no one has bothered to help me??!?!?! seriously i know there are people here who have both games, and some help deciding which game is right for me (based on what i gave you is all i asked) for.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:09 AM   #495
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

OVR: 0

Here's something I should have asked about a long time ago. Is the Payoff Pitch still in the game? I actually really liked that feature from 2K8. It created a meta game, in which I would try not to lose the ratings bump I had created.

I played solo 99% of the time, so I created some house rules to keep the game interesting. For the most part, I would only throw what the catcher called, and I would always pitch to the location he called for, even if it was out of the strike zone, and the count had three balls.

So when he called for a curve ball on a payoff pitch, I really had to conentrate to get it. By the same token, if I had ramped up my pitcher's fastball quite bit, I was reluctant to throw it for a payoff pitch late in the game, again risking the ratings I had built up. The house rules forced me to take those risks, and created additional tension to my games. I loved it.

In addition, I found that the Payoff Pitch simulated the effect of when a pitcher had a certain pitch working for him, or a when a certain pitch was not working, as you could go into the red n some pitches, but into the green on others.

Anyway, I haven't seen any mention of it, so I am afraid it is a feature that got eft on the cutting room floor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 02:15 AM   #496
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

i really do love the competition in 2k this year. the game plays just great for me. i cant figure out who i want to start a chise with whether its my real team( the mets) or my favorite player of all time team( tony gwynn is like the guy to me.) padres.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »