Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-02-2009, 09:13 AM   #513

DaveDQ's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

I should have the game today, except it snowed last night, and in NC, when it snows they pretty much close up shop.

2K9 is my baseball game mainly because I do not own a PS3, and will wait until the price drops until I buy one. Also, and most importantly, The Show's online performance is already receiving bad reviews. I can not have another game this year where the online suffers.

I have played the 2K9 demo inside and out, and believe I'll gain a good amount of enjoyment from the retail version. I'll have to overlook some issues, but we must remember to save our impressions based on our experience with the game, not someone else's.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:15 AM   #514
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

You guys are going to regret not playing this game..

I am a show lover and that is still my game but this game is not leaving me anytime soon

I have given it as much time since Friday as the show..i have both since then

the game has issues as we have stated but the core gameplay is as solid as ever...
Old 03-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #515
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
You guys are going to regret not playing this game..

I am a show lover and that is still my game but this game is not leaving me anytime soon

I have given it as much time since Friday as the show..i have both since then

the game has issues as we have stated but the core gameplay is as solid as ever...
have u posted a review of any kind? maybe you can elaborate a bit more about the core gameplay......my main thing is how the of field gameplay is. Me vs the CPU and if it provides a realistic game of baseball?

i havnt paid attention to this thread so im curious about the cpu taking strikes.....after 3 days, do you feel like u can get a good amount of K's and does the CPU take strikes?

i know it has a great fun factor about it with the analog controls. And since they are patching the franchise issues it looks like this could be a solid choice. I know the show is supposed to be better, but those dam analog controls make me want this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #516
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
have u posted a review of any kind? maybe you can elaborate a bit more about the core gameplay......my main thing is how the of field gameplay is. Me vs the CPU and if it provides a realistic game of baseball?

i havnt paid attention to this thread so im curious about the cpu taking strikes.....after 3 days, do you feel like u can get a good amount of K's and does the CPU take strikes?

i know it has a great fun factor about it with the analog controls. And since they are patching the franchise issues it looks like this could be a solid choice. I know the show is supposed to be better, but those dam analog controls make me want this game

am about to leave for work...but i will write up my review of the game and posted laster this afternoon..

i will post the good and the bad..

i can tell you that i got 9 strikeouts with the dodgers second starter...

the issue is not getting strikeouts...sliders fix that

the issue is that the cpu just dont take pitches down the middle

3-0 counts mean they swing away even if you serve it up..

that i think can be patched but who knows

all i know is that the core gameplay delivers a solid game of baseball

the scores are realistic and so are the stats
Old 03-02-2009, 09:55 AM   #517
Pro

OVR: 7

I played this game multiple times over the weekend and I WANT to love this game, but the AI hitting is just too big of an issue to over look. There is no fun when you cant strike out the AI.

2K has to patch this.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:00 AM   #518
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
I played this game multiple times over the weekend and I WANT to love this game, but the AI hitting is just too big of an issue to over look. There is no fun when you cant strike out the AI.

2K has to patch this.

what do you mean you cant strike out the cpu....i have no issues doing that

that is why there are sliders for this..

the only issue in terms of cpu hitting is that the dont take strikes down the middle or close to down the middle

they will take pitches outside the zone...
Old 03-02-2009, 10:07 AM   #519
Jerami Grant - boom!

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Early videos were ALL promising. I have NOT played the demo and refuse too until I play a full retail to make a real decision. I have played the show's demo and even though i feel it's more of the same SCEA "goodness" i can not help but say that after seeing the PASTAPADRE HD vids that the game is absolutely gorgeous to look at while playing. So i am not alone in saying at least ONE game will not disappoint at all. When i get MLB 2k9 i will post up a good fair review of it for everyone to check out.
You haven't even played the demo? What the hell? You posted a giant blog stating that 2K9 was better than the Show and you did all of that from just watching videos (http://www.osatwork.com/Tomba/blog/1...d-this-is-why/ - this blog has since been deleted)? How on earth can anyone assume you will put up a fair review after already posting a mini review stating one game is better when you never even played it? You disappoint me Tomba.

The 2K9 demo was a lot of fun. If people want to judge a game, judge it on how it plays first and not just after watching videos or reading about bugs in an internet thread or on what someone else thinks. Download the demo yourself people or rent both games if you aren't sure what to do. I don't understand people just going on what others are saying. I've been a big Show guy and I have actually played both demos. I think 2K9 did a lot of good things with their game and have blogged on both demos (see sig). But its still just my opinion. I'm sure I see strengths and weaknesses in both titles that others will disagree with but ultimately the only opinion that counts is your own. How either game will hold up long term will also take much longer with the game and nobody can answer that right now.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:09 AM   #520
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
what do you mean you cant strike out the cpu....i have no issues doing that

that is why there are sliders for this..

the only issue in terms of cpu hitting is that the dont take strikes down the middle or close to down the middle

they will take pitches outside the zone...
The games I experienced they dont take strikes whether its down the middle or on the corners. I even try to fool the AI and throw back door breaking balls on the corners but they are just never fooled. Its not realistic and for me its making it difficult to strike out teh AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »