Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2009, 01:51 PM   #537
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

One more thing, it seems that many of the people who have the game already are saying that it is a lot of fun. Yes, they are still upset about certain features being left out of the game. But they are still playing it and having fun.

The ones that have been moaning the loudest about this game are people who don't even have the game. It is odd, but it seems to be a natural occurrence on this board.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #538
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattstl77
One more thing, it seems that many of the people who have the game already are saying that it is a lot of fun. Yes, they are still upset about certain features being left out of the game. But they are still playing it and having fun.

The ones that have been moaning the loudest about this game are people who don't even have the game. It is odd, but it seems to be a natural occurrence on this board.
I think is boils down to what people want from the game. As an arcade style baseball game it is very fun. It's a game for the casual gamer. For those looking for realism they're going to be extremely disappointed. And that was my biggest issue with his posts was when he was claiming it was realistic. People that come on these boards value others opinions more than the media, and it is not right to make claims like that. Just be honest
Old 03-02-2009, 02:05 PM   #539
Banned

OVR: 6

Maybe he is being honest... that might be what realistic baseball is to him.

But to each their own, right?
Old 03-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #540
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattstl77
Maybe he is being honest... that might be what realistic baseball is to him.

But to each their own, right?
True. Maybe his view of realism is different then mine
Old 03-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #541
Banned

OVR: 23

I can see where someone would enjoy this game. Making paranoid personal attacks on the guys integrity are pretty lame imo. That said I've seen enough and am not really interested in this game anymore. If you enjoyed previous 2k baseball games and want improvements this game is right up your alley. I just never enjoyed 2k baseball games that much. this game is getting slammed pretty hard though to the point where it's not possible for anyone to like it which is kind of lame though. if you played the demo you can see that its a good game. I dont know how anyone can say otherwise. yes it has flaws. Regardless of playing the game or not or deciding to purchase its pretty lame that people decide to insult other peoples integrity just because their are other options. Something wrong there and that's kind of spineless.

Last edited by kGinGreen; 03-02-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #542
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16
listen bro. I never said this game was realistic. but it does play a solid gameof baseball. you dont have the game yet you feel like a big man telling people you dont buy my opinion. the game has a lot of issues and if roster editing and game options are big for you then this game wont satisfy you. if you dont have a ps3 then this game provides a solid gameplay experience and is fun. rent it or play it at a friends house and see if you like it. but dont insult my opinion. we are grown men here. i am just trying to shed some info on what i like. i am as hardcore a sim player as any. this game wont satisfy that in me but it will provide a game that is solid in terms of gameplay and fun.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #543
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
listen bro. I never said this game was realistic. but it does play a solid gameof baseball. you dont have the game yet you feel like a big man telling people you dont buy my opinion. the game has a lot of issues and if roster editing and game options are big for you then this game wont satisfy you. if you dont have a ps3 then this game provides a solid gameplay experience and is fun. rent it or play it at a friends house and see if you like it. but dont insult my opinion. we are grown men here. i am just trying to shed some info on what i like. i am as hardcore a sim player as any. this game wont satisfy that in me but it will provide a game that is solid in terms of gameplay and fun.
You said "The scores are realistic and so are the stats". That's why I was questioning your opinion. If you were saying you liked it the because its fun to play, I can respect that. But the flaws with no walks by CPU and users and the large amount of hits per game are too glaring to say stats are realistic.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #544
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Why must people attack others impressions. Good or bad they are their own and everyone will have different opinions. Thanks for the impressions Guru (and everyone else) they have been great. I guess posters really show their immaturity in threads like these. . .

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »