Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #561
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

these are some things they should have done/ do
when players get injured they really dont show the player get injured/ in pain like they do in madden 06. correct me if i am wrong that you do not know that they are injured until a screen pops up saying that, which is sad because that aint realistic they need to show the player in pain.

and dont you think that there should be a setting or something that (for rivalry teams, or any team) that a batter charges the mound, or a fight occurs, when they get hit by a ptich
and third why dont the players get suspended when they get tossed, or fined or something because usualy in the real MLB you dont ever just get tossed.

and 4 times in 2k8 i hit a home run, it hit the foul pole and they called it foul, dont you think they should have the HR replay challange because that is what MLB is doing now, correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #562
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeylos
UGH this game as much as i enjoy it i cant get through a game it constantly freezes once the game ends in my franchise. Is there any hope to a fix for this?

Wait for the game to come out to get a true view of what people think of it.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #563
Angelinos

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I agree with Guru. This game is lots of fun and is pretty solid. However, if u are looking for a more realistic, polished baseball sim, The Show is where its at. I'm loving the show so far, but I aint knocking 2k9 cuz I been having fun on that as well.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #564
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7

Padgoi, totally agree with you on all of the issues the game has! Can you please post the sliders to make the computer take more strikes? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #565
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

Bottom line is that this game will frustrate you but you will find yourself playing it more and more as time goes by...It grabs you and teases you with some solid play but then issues start to creep but you will still find yourself playing the game...it has that charm about it

the pitching has real physics to it...the ball feels heavy like it should...if 2k pathces the overaggresive cpu hitters we have a game that will be tons of fun for anybody...sim or casual fans..

the core gameplay is there for something big next year if they can iron out the issues and even this year with a solid patch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #566
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
Bottom line is that this game will frustrate you but you will find yourself playing it more and more as time goes by...It grabs you and teases you with some solid play but then issues start to creep but you will still find yourself playing the game...it has that charm about it

the pitching has real physics to it...the ball feels heavy like it should...if 2k pathces the overaggresive cpu hitters we have a game that will be tons of fun for anybody...sim or casual fans..

the core gameplay is there for something big next year if they can iron out the issues and even this year with a solid patch
Can you confirm the editing issue or have you just been playing it?

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 03-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #567
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
Can you confirm the editing issue or have you just been playing it?
i confirmed it a while back...you cant edit batting stances or pitch deliveries and you cant assign any to created players
Old 03-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #568
Rookie

OVR: 2

hey guru
so now that you have had a lot of time to play the game, which one do you think would be right for someone who does not care about NEXt gen graphics, will mostly play franchise, season, and online, but wont do leagues and that game play is real, statistical wise, physics wise (not being spider man and robbing of home runs).
2k or the show? which one matches this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »