Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #569
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosox!
hey guru
so now that you have had a lot of time to play the game, which one do you think would be right for someone who does not care about NEXt gen graphics, will mostly play franchise, season, and online, but wont do leagues and that game play is real, statistical wise, physics wise (not being spider man and robbing of home runs).
2k or the show? which one matches this?

Look the show is the best baseball game this year just like it was last year...the great thing about the show is that it caters to all types of fans....if you are into the franchise thing then that is the game for you...i mean 2k has a franchise mode but the roster issue where you cant edit stances and deliveries is a huge issue for many that spend tons of time making great rosters

besdies that there are some gameplay issues mainly with the cpu not taking many pitches and just hacking away at anything remotely close to the zone..

I just heard from a 2K mod that the patch for this is already in the works...if that gets fixed then this game just got that much better

there are other things that wont be fix but should not affect the fun factor of this game...

this is not an arcade game like some thing...people assume that because you see a bright yellow icon when pitching that makes it arcadish

to me the pitching in this game is not something you just pick up and use...it takes time to master it and when you play on higher levels with sliders it will be harder to master it

but when you do...throwing that sweet curve or slider will be that much more rewarding...

the show has a simply button press which many love and that to me is not a challenge..but it works fine for that game...

the charm in this game is that is ugly in some terms but it has things that makes you go back to it time and time again...

if graophcis and all that other stuff that is wrong like rosters or no exibition mode dont bother you then get the game or rent it and see how it do for you

the show is a great game...but i will be running a franchise mode on both games...that should tell you what i think of both games

last year i thought 2k was garbage...returned it the same day i got it

this year..i cant put the controller down....

is just a flat out fun game...if they fix that issue of cpu aggressive hitting...this game goes from rental or purchase to definate purchase...
Old 03-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #570
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

So how prevelant is this Franchise freezing glitch? Are a lot of you who have the game experiencing this?
Old 03-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #571
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
Honestly, I think you're just bad at the game. I am playing on AllStar with a few minor slider tweaks and I'm averaging about 5-7 K's per game, maybe 2 of them looking. The CPU is looking at strikes, the issue is they're not looking at strikes right down the middle. In other words, on a 3-0 count when most pitchers groove a strike that the batter takes, the CPU won't take it, they'll swing away. That's the ONLY issue. Other than that, the CPU will take strikes and strike out swinging and looking.

Furthermore, the CPU is hitting breaking balls I'm throwing. It depends how you use the breaking balls. If you throw constant breaking balls, they WILL hit it. Hell, even if you don't, they'll hit it. I suggest raising the difficulty or . . . learning how to play?
Im not giving up a lot of runs, i just cant strike batters out, i was pretty good at this in 2k7, so not sure what has changed. I approach pitching in a realistic manner. I set pitches up, throw back door stuff, etc.

What are you AI hitting sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 11:06 PM   #572
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quick question. How are the replays?? From what I've heard, they only show at the end of an inning and not after the play. When they do show the replays, is their commentary on them or just the annoying 2k organ. And about that organ, is it just as annoying as last year or toned down
Old 03-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #573
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lived
Quick question. How are the replays?? From what I've heard, they only show at the end of an inning and not after the play. When they do show the replays, is their commentary on them or just the annoying 2k organ. And about that organ, is it just as annoying as last year or toned down
replays happen all the time after hits or good defensive plays and strike outs

the organ is still there but i dont notice it much

there is commentary during replays
Old 03-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #574
Rookie

OVR: 6

Thanks Guru. You and all the guys who've answered questions during these past few days were amazing, I really appreciate it. All that's left now is wake up, head to the store and get my first real baseball fix of the year. thanks again
Old 03-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #575
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

no problem...I should have some sliders later this weeek

and I am getting Resident evil on thursday
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 11:31 PM   #576
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
no problem...I should have some sliders later this weeek

and I am getting Resident evil on thursday

good luck with RE5. from what i heard...NOT good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »