Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2009, 11:43 PM   #577
Rookie
 
pigpen81's Arena
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego (Allied Gardens)
Blog Entries: 10
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Guru...I asked this question in a thread..but no one answered...could you?

"I have been looking through the impressions thread without a lot of feedback on the hitting models...specifically, the cursor/zone hitting model.

The questions I have,

How rewarding/realistic is the zone/cursor model?

If the ball hits the handle...do you hit dribblers?

If you swing slightly early and hit underneath the ball, do you hit a shallow pop fly?

If you get the bat-head on an inside fastball, but are slightly late on the swing, do you Jeter the ball to the opposite field? (keeping hands inside the ball like he does so well)

Does the ball seem to go where it should in relation to pitch location, swing timing, and bat contact?

With practice, will this hitting model give us the challenge/reward that many of us are craving in a baseball game?

Thanks!"
__________________
teaching.............still fun

video games........I wish my boys would let me play

watching Tottenham vs. Liverpool at White Hart Lane............2004 was a long time ago
pigpen81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:04 AM   #578
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Pigpen's question is one I've been quite interested in. If the cursor hitting does play out like he described, we may just have the most realistic batting gameplay ever made. Of course it'd be very challenging and it's the very reason why it was not the default option but With the correct sliders, this could really work
lived is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:05 AM   #579
Farewell and 'ado
 
DocHolliday's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,618
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

So are we seeing or throwing any walks yet?
__________________
GT: Event Horizon 0
DocHolliday is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #580
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by lived
Pigpen's question is one I've been quite interested in. If the cursor hitting does play out like he described, we may just have the most realistic batting gameplay ever made. Of course it'd be very challenging and it's the very reason why it was not the default option but With the correct sliders, this could really work
do you mind testing that out for us (or anyone) that could be the deciding factor for many people and if they can please post a video!!!!
bosox! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:09 AM   #581
Banned
 
~Guru~'s Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NJ/FL
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen81
Guru...I asked this question in a thread..but no one answered...could you?

"I have been looking through the impressions thread without a lot of feedback on the hitting models...specifically, the cursor/zone hitting model.

The questions I have,

How rewarding/realistic is the zone/cursor model?

If the ball hits the handle...do you hit dribblers?

If you swing slightly early and hit underneath the ball, do you hit a shallow pop fly?

If you get the bat-head on an inside fastball, but are slightly late on the swing, do you Jeter the ball to the opposite field? (keeping hands inside the ball like he does so well)

Does the ball seem to go where it should in relation to pitch location, swing timing, and bat contact?

With practice, will this hitting model give us the challenge/reward that many of us are craving in a baseball game?

Thanks!"

Unfortunately I think this feature is not implemented well because having that bat graphic and moving that is hard to do and looks cheesy

the swing stick to me is the best one so far...

i guess if you lower the pitch speed then you have a chance to use zone hitting

but i find it not sim like and not implemted well at all
~Guru~ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #582
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

so guru what you are saying is....... that the hitting is not like he said (where hitting on the handle wont result in dribbler, and the other things he said.) i dont fully understand
bosox! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #583
Banned
 
~Guru~'s Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NJ/FL
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosox!
so guru what you are saying is....... that the hitting is not like he said (where hitting on the handle wont result in dribbler, and the other things he said.) i dont fully understand
is hard to say because you get a graphic on the screen of a bat...so while the pitch is being throw you have a split second to put the bat where you think the ball is going and swing...

if you put the fat part of the graphic bat on the ball then the hit will be hard..

but is to much work to do all that and since i raise pitch speed to max then it makes it virtually impossible...

you can use the swing stick to direct the ball where ever you want
~Guru~ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:20 AM   #584
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

oh that was that thing in the vids that ruined it (the big yellow thing, i forgot which video it is). they should add an option to disable that, seriously
bosox! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 PM.

Top -