Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #649
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Thanks!
They have "The Final Countdown" in the song selections - how could it be wrong?

A few more things I noticed: The AI will bring in correct relief pitchers-- a lefty to face a lefty batter, etc. The new "living roster" is out with Griffey in Seattle and Hudson in LA. Patch is out for the 360 as well.

Even with the little quirks, it feels like a real baseball "presentation" when watching the game..
Old 03-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #650
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by belljr
I've searched but not sure I found the definite answer.

I read the patch fixes online issues, etc etc but does it in fact fix the FA bugs.

I've suffered through 2k now on the 360 forever. The frozen game of 07, the stutter of 08, the whatever of 06.

I actually enjoyed 08 post patch last year, was just curious because I need my baseball fix

Thanks.
Simballer (Franchise Developer) said the PATCH will fix the Franchise Issue of players hitting Free Agency & staying there due to teams not having enough money to sign them
Old 03-03-2009, 11:32 AM   #651

DaveDQ's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
that's extremely dissapointing to me...usually it's not for such small things for me, but that is just strange to me. I'll probably pick this up today, but there's no way I'm doing cursor hitting like that I'd rather drop the bat in a location where I anticipate the ball rather than trying to 'shoot' it like a fps.
I see your point and it's a valid one, but how realistic is that? Does anyone have time to make that kind of pinpoint adjustment?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #652
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles16
They have "The Final Countdown" in the song selections - how could it be wrong?

A few more things I noticed: The AI will bring in correct relief pitchers-- a lefty to face a lefty batter, etc. The new "living roster" is out with Griffey in Seattle and Hudson in LA. Patch is out for the 360 as well.

Even with the little quirks, it feels like a real baseball "presentation" when watching the game..
Yup, I am really digging this "Living Roster" that they brought over from NBA2K9
Old 03-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #653
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Has anyone confirmed post patch if the franchise F/A issue is corrected? Did the patch seem to change anything with CPU batter aggressiveness?

Old 03-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #654
I <3 My Jordycakes

Padgoi's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
any method can be easy if you tweak the sliders to your favor...

people complained that the pitch speed was to slow in the demo....if you put it at 50 then is softball toss and hitting with the cursor will not be a problem

is cool if you like that and it works for you...but havign to lower the pith speed to that level just to have a chance to move a cursor which is a bat graphic is not something i can call well implemented...

but to each his own...that is why the game offers diff settings...
It's a challenging hitting system. I personally think holding up and pull on the L-pad for directional hitting is too easy and it creates way too many homeruns. To me, cursor hitting is the most realistic representation of hitting. I started with pitch speed at 50 to get used to the speed, but I will definitely be upping it soon. Won't go higher than 60-65 though.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #655
Senior Producer, NBA 2K

SimBaller's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by drterb
In one of the impressions threads, it was stated that it will duplicate numbers if you call up, send down, trade, etc. for a new player. However, as BadKermit points out above, you can edit numbers in franchise so it shouldn't be an issue.
I'm pretty sure this was fixed in the patch as well. Someone will have to confirm for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #656
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Has anyone confirmed post patch if the franchise F/A issue is corrected? Did the patch seem to change anything with CPU batter aggressiveness?
Yes it is fixed, along with the duplicate jersey numbers. I notice a difference in the batter aggressiveness, but I am not sure if it is indeed something that was fixed with the patch or I am just throwing strikes at different spots on the plate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »